1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any idea why my FS76...

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Manuman, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the Menu, the RGB Setup bit is always greyed out, the manual says that if its greyed out it means no RGB source is connected, well, my Pioneer 717 DVD player is connected to the AV2 socket, which is supposed to be RGB(ive tried the others too) and set the output on the DVD player to RGB and still nothing, the picture actually looks better in S-Video i must add tho...

Any thoughts guys??

2. BigB@dJ@y

BigB@dJ@y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are you using a Fully Wired RGB Scart cable??

3. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the prompt reply, Im not entirely sure actually, i got it at the same time as my DVD player, which was about 3 years ago, its a big thick cable, although there arent any manufacturers markings on it. I always assumed it was a true RGB cable. My mates coming round later with his RGB cable so i guess ill have my answer then.

Thanks again.

4. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, i just borrowed my friends DVD player and RGB cable , connected them to my FS76 and the RGB setup box is still greyed out!

On the title screen of Blade, in RGB(dvd) mode there is quite a lot of noise, switch to S-Video mode and it cleans right up, there is no difference between RGB and straight Video mode, so i just completed a 'Customer Services' form on Sound and Visions website so i guess my TV will be going for some surgery soon.

Unless ive missed something glaringly obvious???

Anyone know if theres an option in the Service Menu to disable RGB connections??

5. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Manuman

I have just tried an experiment on my fs76. Because I encounter problems with RGB input for my Panasonic Digi Box I use the Pal setting. It is not a problem with the set. However I brought up the menu of my tv when watching Sky and selected the screen where RGB was greyed out. I then brought up the menu on my Digi box in the background and changed the setting from Pal to RGB. Immediately the RGB on the tv menu turned black in fornt of me. Is there someway you can do simialr and if you do not find the same happens then it would appear you have a fault. This may be something obvious but at least you have a fact to compare against.

Dave

6. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Are you using one of the bottom two scart sockets..? The AV sockets are numbered from the bottom up... I made this mistake...

7. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SimonO: Yes, as i said ive tried all the sockets just to be sure.

cdave: Im not sure how i can really do what your asking by just using my DVD player, did you have any problem with this box being greyed out in the same situation as me?? ie. DVD player set to RGB, + RGB cable in either AV1 or AV2 on fs76?

Its really annoying as the set is great in every other way.

Ive tried looking for a set of FAQs for sony Tvs but cant find any.

8. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Manuman,

I did not have any problem with the DVD set up that I can remember. It went very smoothly. I am not in a postion to check now as working hard (he he he) but if you are able to get your DVD player to the postion of just being able to select either pal of RGB at the flick of the remote in menu mode, can you not then bring up the memu on your tv over the top and then change the DVD setting from pal to RGB. I am not sure in the end what this will prove but if it works the same as when I did it, the signal should change the colour from grey to black. It is still and RGB signal after all. If not then you would have to wonder why not.

Dave

9. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply Cdave, but ive tried absolutely everything, and the damm thing is still greyed out, ive tried ALL the scart sockets just be sure, ive also tried a diff dvd player set to output RGB with a diff RGB cable. There is no difference on the TV between normal Video mode and RGB!!. Im just wondering if the answers maybe hidden in the service menu somewhere.