Any idea when the 43MXE-1 replacement will be out?

oliverlim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

As above, does anyone have any new info on the above? The MXE-1 has been out for a year already right? so the replacement unit base on the 435/505 should be out very soon?

I am deciding between getting a 43mxe-1 or waiting for a while.

Thanks
Oliver

I have a feeling that the current MXE1 will be around for a while yet...they don't seem to update their commercial panels as often as their consumer models...the previous MXE was around for at least a couple of years I think.

Cheers, Lee

loonatic said:
I have a feeling that the current MXE1 will be around for a while yet...they don't seem to update their commercial panels as often as their consumer models...the previous MXE was around for at least a couple of years I think.

Cheers, Lee

Thanks Lee. Any one with the 43 MXE-1 care to comment on the 4 fans in the unit? Is it louder then the Buzz of the Pio plasma? I am recently getting a little annoyed by my 4340 buzz..... :)

Oliver

MXE-1s are all but silent in use, or at least I've never noticed one. The HDD in my pace twin is louder, when I have an MXE here I can hear the little chatter it makes when you access it. As to a replacement, it's just coming right, I will be forced to stick my head in a bucket of water if they change it now.

MAW said:
MXE-1s are all but silent in use, or at least I've never noticed one. The HDD in my pace twin is louder, when I have an MXE here I can hear the little chatter it makes when you access it. As to a replacement, it's just coming right, I will be forced to stick my head in a bucket of water if they change it now.

Thanks MAW. thats good to hear. Anyone else care to chime in their experience? I am lookin to trade in my 434 HDE to the 43 MXE-1 this week and am hoping the MXE-1 will stay in my room for more then a year! :)

Eventually it was the judder on the 434 that I could not accept. The blacks bothers me a little but mainly only in dark shows.... All good reasons to "upgrade" I hope :)

Oliver

Ya....in your opinion, does the black surround actually enhance the black levels of the plasma or decreases it? I have heard both sides of the story and am still not sure. to my mind the black surround should enhance the blacks...

Oliver

Hi,

I have the 50MXE1 and can confirm it is perfectly silent.
In normal use the fans never turn on.
I have only ever heard them when I've forced them on in the setup menu.
There is a temperature monitor on the display which never seems to leave the coldest setting.
I think the fans are for when the display is set into a wall within a box without any air flow and are not needed if it's mounted on a wall or on a table top with reasonable ventalation.
The only noise I hear from the screen is if I put my head against the back of the display then I can hear what I assume must be the plasma discharge, a faint crackling sound. Putting my ear to the front of the screen I hear nothing that is no PSU buzz.

I really like the display especially being able to go in DVI at NR (1280x768) @ 50Hz. My only negative points would be that no HDCP and the blacks are grey not black.

Thanks Crow.

Think I will bite then. Hopefully will get it in next week!

Cheers
Oliver

Just had a thought if your not in a rush to buy a MXE1 it may be worth waiting until the Aurora TVP-500F card is released.
That would give you two HDCP HDMI inputs on the MXE1 and save you the cost of the Pioneer video input board.
On the other hand I am not sure when this board will actually be released and it is obviously more expensive than the Pioneer board.

Another point to be aware of is that the Pioneer boards component input appears to crush low black level. I got round this on my DVD by setting it to 7.5 IRE. Better still I use a HTPC via DVI which doesn't suffer from this.

This is discussed here

Good point on the video board. It's still unclear what resolutions will be supported by the aurora board. There is at least 1 other HDCP board in the offing for the MXE-1, so good news all round. Perhaps some competition will make aurora drop the price. I gather they are looking at about £500. Still, the screen will be about the same as an XDE then, without the infernal media box, and able to accept 50Hx digital signals and process at 100Hz, must be good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom