• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any idea what the update was for?

Expired

As above, not sure where to find out?

Maybe...

Couple of tweets from 402

Robert Bowling
Lots of #MW3 updates planned this week. We'll be addressing "laggy" games, stat loss prevention, & more. Pushing for pre-Holiday release! (thanksgiving)

JoshLloyd231 Josh Lloyd
@fourzerotwo THANKS FOR THE INFO, i've been notcing "jerky" games recently

Robert Bowling
@JoshLloyd231 Yes, this is one of the symptoms we aim to address when I say we'll be addressing "laggy" gameplay for some users.
5 hours ago via web

finite

No idea, but the only theatre I have showing now is from the 17th :thumbsdow

Maybe its the second attempt at the unlimited stealth bomber fix.

r.vernon1

Was that for just PC or xbox too? Not come across it yet, or have I? Game I had just had about 3 stealths one after the other, was that it?

finite

Probably check the theatre or the killfeed/timeline in Elite and report them. They're handing out bans for using the glitches now.

BluWarfareHD09

I had 4mb update yesterday and now another one just now

SilverSpider

One of the main things this update did was to remove the sounds you make when you crouch or ADS.

I noticed this when I first got the game as previous COD games you were always silent when crouchng and moving as you ADS, but MW3 changed that and now it looks like they have changed it back to how it was in previous games.

If anyone wants detailed info on what was in a recent patch then the best place to go is to 'Woodysgamertag' channel on Youtube and he usually is first with all the info you need to know.

HTH

finite

One of the main things this update did was to remove the sounds you make when you crouch or ADS.

I noticed this when I first got the game as previous COD games you were always silent when crouchng and moving as you ADS, but MW3 changed that and now it looks like they have changed it back to how it was in previous games.

If anyone wants detailed info on what was in a recent patch then the best place to go is to 'Woodysgamertag' channel on Youtube and he usually is first with all the info you need to know.

HTH

That was the previous patch theres been another one today. Although I agree woodys is a good channel for info. I have a sudden urge to play with an underslung on my CM901 tonight ;).

Boozehound

Banned
Hmm. This might actually be playable tomorrow :)

Ah I see, at work and so no idea there had been another one today.

Cheers.

Yeah, another update today at lunchtime.

Mentioned on another thread that the couple of games I managed after the update were way smoother than they have been and I managed some good scores - baddies were dropping after a few bullets rather than most of a clip. Hoping it wasn't just a one off good lobby but first impressions of the update are very positive. :thumbsup:

MadagascAL

Really hope the update fixes the lag. For me the multiplayer is unplayable as I'm roughly 1/2 a second behind the action on my screen compared to the what I then see on the killcams. Emptying clips into people with no kill, getting hit markers with no kill, being round the corner but still getting killed is frustrating enough but when the killcam shows a different reality it becomes unbearable.

av-irgin

The game has played alot better for me today after the update. Still not great in some fights but no lag spikes,no sluggish slow downs,my gun actually works now too!! I've been basically breaking even every game up till today,never winning 1v1's,half a clip into someones back and still getting killed in 1 shot, but had a really good time after the update. Just got a 37-6 kill confirmed,where usually I would be 17-12 on a good day.
Oh,and I'm not 100% sure but I don't remember seeing any stupid clan tags either!

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
Yup, *** is that about? The cynical side of me suspects that the "update" yesterday was actually a rollback as the last update seemed to have caused a lot of issues.

Bingo.

Those who had lag before will have it again, those who didn't have lag won't have it etc. It's as if the patch never happened as the title update number has gone back ;)

Rocket_Man

For me it played like a dream last night. I was host most of the night and it played like MW2 where i seemed to have an advantage from this.

People were dropping when shot like i had stopping power, not like other nights where it took half a magazine.

I could win head on battles where previously it seemed i was behind the action. This has been the norm when playing, host or not.

It played like this one other night too (makes sense if this patch is a roll-back) and i didn't want to turn off last night in case it's back to being a waste of time tonight.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom