Any idea what it's worth? Philips FA-930

wallacemarino

Standard Member
Hey all I'm new here,

I'd like some help putting a value on a piece of kit I was given by a relative a few years ago. The kit in question is a Philips FA-930 integrated stereo digital amplifier. I'm guessing it started it's life in the early nineties and from what I can gather (and knowing the person who gave it to me) it was pretty much Philips' top of the range at the time.

It is un-boxed without the instructions but is in full working order with it's remote control and is one hell of a loud beast. Someone I know recently showed an interest in buying it and offered me £50 but I'm pretty sure it's worth more than that.

I've searched around on ebay and other sites but can't seem to find another of these for sale. I've found a few examples of it's bigger brother the FA-960 for sale in the States and Japan ranging from $200 to $500 but from some of the reviews I've read I think the 930 model also includes some digital technology that the bigger 960 does not, which I guess might affect the value.

Does anybody here own or have any knowledge of these amps and know what would be a reasonable figure to ask for it?

formbypc

Someone I know recently showed an interest in buying it and offered me £50 but I'm pretty sure it's worth more than that.

...and the basis for being 'sure' it's worth more, is .... what, exactly?

Any second-hand article is 'worth' what someone is prepared to pay.

Ben Jammin

Philips FA930 Reviews

Review 1 of 3 in 2002
Price Paid: $30.00 from 2ndhand shop

Review 2 of 3 from 2001
Price Paid: $250.00 from second hand

Review 3 of 3 in 2001
Price Paid: $280.00 from Philips Showshop, Calcutta

So maybe £50 was fair-ish.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom