1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any hope for an old camera?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by No vote Joe, Jan 9, 2003.

1. No vote Joe

No vote Joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 10 yr old Ferguson 8mm camcorder that has done admirably well.

Unfortunately, the video out lead has become faulty, leading to distorted and corrupt images when played back on the TV (although the viewfinder image is fine). It has two phono plugs at one end (into video) and a 1/4 inch square multi pin plug at the other (into camera).

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone has any idea if spares for this old lady still exist, as apart from this fault the camera is in perfect working order.

Many thanks, NVJ

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joe, Is it just the lead that's wonky, or the cam itself?

3. No vote Joe

No vote Joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect the lead, as playback through the viewfinder is OK, and when I plug the lead in, the camera starts to buzz.

Any idea's? (apart from a new camera!!)

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you take your lead into a decent camera shop, they should be able to make one up for you. Try to find one that sells tape to tape video editing gear. They're most likely to have old bits & bobs lying around.
    But Joe, don't you deserve a new camera? ;)

5. No vote Joe

No vote Joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Aurthur, I'll try my local camera shop ans see what they say.

I'd love to be able to justify a new cam, but for what I use it for it's worth trying to fix my old lady up first!!

Thanks a bunch, Joe

6. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joe, Don't know which part of the country you're in, but we have a local camera shop here in Maidstone which sells all sorts of second hand stuff. If they haven't got your cable, I'm nearly sure they could make one up for you.
    Ronald White. 01622-754508

best of luck.