Any Hitachi TX100's in stock?

brain

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to order a Hitachi tx100 but i cant find any in stock anywhere! I want to use a 'buy now pay later' option so there are only limited online retailers that do this - all of which have no projectors in stock. At unbeatable.co.uk i got them to phone their suppliers/manufacturers and they had none either.

Does anyone have these in stock - but with alternative payment options? I really want this projector

I could also ask - is there anywhere that actually has them in stock regardless of payment options?

No Buy Now Pay Later options here, nor any stock!! Hitachi haven't been able to keep up with demand so stock is coming through in dribs and drabs with no estimated delivery dates. We were promised a delivery last week but only got half of it, another one for this week so far hasn't turned up and given the list of backorders we have we wouldn't be able to fulfil new orders until near the end of the month anyway!!!

damn - maybe i should be looking at local av stores to see if they have any...

I just ordered one! I found an online retailer with stock after battering of several stock check emails to various companies. www.discounttv.co.uk have them and they also do a free pixel check and free next day delivery!

:hiya: Just a quick question (and sorry for hijacking the thread! :offtopic: ) why do people seem to turn to us late in the day even though we have the banner advertising the 100 in stock? Do other retailers do a better job of being 'around' the forums giving advice and being visible? I'm genuinely curious! Is google involved?

I have been doing a lot of thinking about marketing and customer awareness and, if any of you would be kind enough to share this info, I would like to know how you select retailers to call/e-mail. (and i dare say fellow retailers would be to!)

Apologies again for going off topic

Benji_m

I generally click on the banner ads and look at the price. I've been drawn to a few retailers advertised here by peoples good opinions.

I haven't actually used any of you yet, but your and Liam's prescense on this forum builds a lot of confidence in your companies (any others advertising here please take note). Obviously you have a vested interest in recommending products you sell, but this can be balanced out by opinions of other users here. Liam has already answered quite a few of my personal messages very speedily and the fact that he takes the time to do this around his work inspires great confidence. It makes me think that if I have a problem with something I get hold of I can always personal message/e-mail the relevant people inbetween tasks at work. My main problem is (and this is a good problem) there are a few vendors that I especially have my eyes on at the moment (i've used vendor and retailer interchangably) and this will mean that I'll probably have to roll a dice or something to decide who to go for.

You are from discounttv correct? I did not see any info on your site relating to stock levels - either it is there and not easy to find or not there at all. I tend to check with any retailer regrdless of whet they say in terms of stock...many times in the past i have ordered items online to find out they dont have any in stock when the info on the web states otherwise.
Where is this banner you speak of?

Personally for selecting a retailer for this projector i looked at every online retailer i could find in google and checked the sites and emailed if needed. I compare prices/policy/stock and then maybe have a look at sites like pricerunner.
If i am unsure about a particular retailer having not used them before I sometimes look for other peoples opinions on the company before going ahead with an order.

I would say that using sites like pricerunner etc is a good way to promote products because we can all compare one thing from several site on one page. I did not know about your web site at all until I found it on google.
I ignore banner ads altogether - i dont even attempt to read them. Maybe i should on this nice forum :)

However, this all depends on the amount of money I am going to spend - £1000 to me is a lot so i take the time to research.

here's my 2p...I always use pricerunner as my firt port of call when buying anything as I'm not one to shop around individual websites making lists of prices when they can do it for you and other users can give (subjective) reviews of the suppliers.

benji_m

You might have had some in but you have not got any more as i just wanted to get one and was told non in stock.:mad:

(Must say very nice lady took my details and said she would ring me and tell me when they com in which is nice.)

One thing that doesn't help is on the website when I selected "Visual" then "Plasma &LCD" then "Stands & brackets".. I ended up with a list of Microwaves.. !

I'd say who ever did your website or at least give them a good telling off.. !

And as mentioned above no sign of stock levels on the Discount Electrical wbesite..

Damn - i was expecting my nice projector today but found out at about quater to 5 that they got the address wrong! :( It was supposed to be delivered to my work place but somehow the addresses got mixed up with my home address. Having phoned city-link to change the delivery address and confirm this with discounttv they said they would try contact the driver to deliver - but alas, 5:30 passed and work closed and now im at home with no projector. I guess I will have to arrange for it to be re-delivered tomorrow at discounttv's expense. The lady on the phone was quite keen to not have to do this but I am not going to the depot to pick it up for sure.

I guess I will have to be patient, damn i dont like being patient on deliveries :(

Brain,

I'm so sorry, I will look into it right away. Day off yesterday so need to get back up to speed!

no probs - its being re-delivered today and is out in the van already - i checked :)

hopefully ill have a weekend setting up this new pj! :D

By all accounts, this is a very popular Projector,

There are alot of dealers out there, and while I'm not passing judgment on any of them, I have to say that the attention I have recieved from LIAM of PROGRESSIVE-AV has been top notch, and would certainly recommend him and his firm.

As important as the product is, its also the service from the sales that is also very important.

While th PJ needs no promotion, I have to recommend Liam :smashin:

I am being quoted two months lead time on the TX100 at the moment from a couple of places. Not in a great hurry but I would like one sooner rather than later!

Thanks for all your feedback, it's much appreciated - pricerunner and the rest are great, but they can cost big £££ and give no indication of service (apart from the reviews, which I have heard may be hard to verify) I am becoming increasingly convinced of their value though.

As for Hitachi as other retailers will testify ETA's on stock are dicey in the extreme, they may go to Europe and get some or on the other hand only get half of what they order! Lets hope it sooner rather later.

The problem with quoting lead times is that nobody actually knows when Hitachi are going to deliver - including Hitachi!! We got a surprise delivery this morning that we were not expecting, but it has dragged on from last month when were promised a lot more than we got. The current news from Hitachi is that all our backorders will be fulfilled in the next 2-4 weeks, but even if they do manage to supply all that stock they may not be able to get us any more for a few weeks after that so you can see how easily long lead times can build up....

Ahhh excellent - it has arrived and as soon as i get it back from work ill start playing! i cant wait :) Thanks discounttv - nice deal [eg free pixel cheak!] and for the goo service. Highly recommended.

damn - i must have bad luck or something...

got home and conected up the projector with a dvi cable to the computer to find that the dvi cable is faulty!!!! I get a rubbish image [wrong colours, shaky, interference]. I then tested the dvi cable by connecting it to my dvi tft monitor instead - and that would not even display an image!

i am quite annoyed now since i have no other way to connect the projector up - i need a 5m DVI cable. At the moment i have the laptop attched via analogue cable and its fine. Looks like i will need to try and get a refund on the dvi cable and look elsewhere for one :( yet more days of delay...unless anyone can suggest a place that sells dvi cables on a saturday in Kent?

Brain,

Maybe try personal messaging Liam@progressive-av

Progressive Audio Visual Ltd
Cayman Cottage
Barden Road
Speldhurst
Kent
TN3 0PT

By Telephone - 01892 861 730

By Fax - 01892 861 630

By e-mail - [email protected]

bit expensive - im just looking for a very cheap dvi cable to start with - i.e. £12 :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom