Question Any Hisense H39A5600UK reviews or alternatives?

Corbula

Established Member
Reaction score
So I'm currently using a 32 inch LG from 2008, there nothing majorly wrong with it apart from there's some times no picture until its warmed up a bit.

Anyway looking for alternatives I've been restricted to a 32 inch TV as the space it's going into is an absolute max width of 890mm. Everyone seems to be making 40/42 inch then I found a Hisense 39 inch H39A5600UK which would just (really just) fit. One thing I was put of by was they use there own smart software instead of say android or something.

I couldn't find any reviews of it anywhere though. Any ideas of how good it is? Or would I be better with another 32 inch TV, what would you recommend? I mainly use it for HD TV, films and Ps4 gaming.

Thanks all

So I'm currently using a 32 inch LG from 2008, there nothing majorly wrong with it apart from there's some times no picture until its warmed up a bit.

Anyway looking for alternatives I've been restricted to a 32 inch TV as the space it's going into is an absolute max width of 890mm. Everyone seems to be making 40/42 inch then I found a Hisense 39 inch H39A5600UK which would just (really just) fit. One thing I was put of by was they use there own smart software instead of say android or something.

I couldn't find any reviews of it anywhere though. Any ideas of how good it is? Or would I be better with another 32 inch TV, what would you recommend? I mainly use it for HD TV, films and Ps4 gaming.

Thanks all

I wouldn’t trust hisense in my honest opinion, i’ve seen hisense to be unreliable. I’d stick to panasonic, sony or samsung, there’s quite a few decent looking 32 inch tvs on richard sounds but you won’t be getting a 4k panel at 32 you’d need to go up to 40inch+ for that if thats what you were maybe thinking of?

Is there no way you could do a work around for a 43 inch haha?

Last edited:
I wouldn’t trust hisense in my honest opinion, i’ve heard vizio and hisense to be unreliable. I’d stick to sony or samsung, there’s quite a few decent looking 32 inch tvs on richard sounds but you won’t be getting a 4k panel at 32 you’d need to go up to 40inch+ for that if thats what you were maybe thinking of?

Is there no way you could do a work around for a 43 inch haha?
Haha no I would love to be able to get a 43 inch but the space is between two brick walls so moving one of those isn't really an option ha.

No 4k isn't a problem as I don't have any 4k content. HDR would be good though if possible for gaming mostly. It just feel a bit pointless upgrading from a 32 to another 32 ha.

Haha no I would love to be able to get a 43 inch but the space is between two brick walls so moving one of those isn't really an option ha.

No 4k isn't a problem as I don't have any 4k content. HDR would be good though if possible for gaming mostly. It just feel a bit pointless upgrading from a 32 to another 32 ha.

its a real petty you couldn’t get a 40 inch tv because this tv sounds like a wee cracker, its mva panel, 5000:1 contrast, gets over 300 nits, so it will look no to bad in hdr and will look resolve good in sdr, 6 years warranty. that 5000:1 contrast will give you amazing blacks and whites.

Panasonic TX40EX700B

for 4k and hdr content there’s quite a bit on netflix but standard tv just looks as good with the 4k upscaling.

its going to be very hard to get a tv thats going to be great below 40inch.

you might just be in luck, this tv is 888.5mm wide lol l, i’d jump on this tv asap incase it goes out of stock. Panasonic are very good as well i’ve owned a 40 inch the past very good tv and its still going strong, my dad has got one and thats still going strong from 2014.

Panasonics picture quality is excellent.

full specs here 40" Panasonic TX-40EX700 - Specifications

you might just be in luck, this tv is 888.5mm wide lol l, i’d jump on this tv asap incase it goes out of stock. Panasonic are very good as well i’ve owned a 40 inch the past very good tv and its still going strong, my dad has got one and thats still going strong from 2014.

Panasonics picture quality is excellent.

full specs here 40" Panasonic TX-40EX700 - Specifications
You had my hopes up then but looking on Panasonic website the actual dimension is 895mm wide. So unfortunately to big by 5mm.

You had my hopes up then but looking on Panasonic website the actual dimension is 895mm wide. So unfortunately to big by 5mm.

That really does suck :( start sanding down the inner bricks to get your 5mm lol

That really does suck :( start sanding down the inner bricks to get your 5mm lol
Lol, yea I've tried finding something for a while. I thought with tvs getting thinner and smaller bezels I might get something but still no. I guess I could angle it slightly but don't know if it would be to much ha

Lol, yea I've tried finding something for a while. I thought with tvs getting thinner and smaller bezels I might get something but still no. I guess I could angle it slightly but don't know if it would be to much ha

yeah you would think by now the tv borders would be even slimier.

Mmmm its the thought of that brick scraping again the bezel makes me cringe lol. You could always give it a bash you never know.

Richard sounds have amazing customer service so even if you didn’t manage to get it in there they would give you a full refund.

yeah you would think by now the tv borders would be even slimier.

Mmmm its the thought of that brick scraping again the bezel makes me cringe lol. You could always give it a bash you never know.

Richard sounds have amazing customer service so even if you didn’t manage to get it in there they would give you a full refund.
Yea I will do a bit of investigating. Its not a bare wall, it's got paper on it and painted but where it would go is under a shelf. So attached to the wall is pieces of wood which holds the shelf up, the TV fits between the wood supports. I could potentially cut a bit of the end of the wood and give myself an extra maybe 5-10mm each side

Yea I will do a bit of investigating. Its not a bare wall, it's got paper on it and painted but where it would go is under a shelf. So attached to the wall is pieces of wood which holds the shelf up, the TV fits between the wood supports. I could potentially cut a bit of the end of the wood and give myself an extra maybe 5-10mm each side

sounds like a plan, let us know how you get on or manage to find a tv, I would honestly stay clear of hisense no matter what though.

Last edited:
sounds like a plan, let us know how you get on or manage to find a tv, I would honestly stay clear of hisense or vizio no matter what though.
Thanks for the help. Will do. Any reviews on the Panasonic?

If I cut a bit of the wood off it might give me the space for one of the Sony or Samsung. I'll see what space it gives me. Although I don't know of they are HDR but android TV would be good. For me it's all about picture quality though

Thanks for the help. Will do. Any reviews on the Panasonic?

If I cut a bit of the wood off it might give me the space for one of the Sony or Samsung. I'll see what space it gives me. Although I don't know of they are HDR but android TV would be good. For me it's all about picture quality though

I wouldn’t touch sony this series since they’re all IPS unless you go for the big 65 inch/80+ inch models. I wouldn’t touch LG with a bardge pool since they use IPS and have that issue where there tvs only display 2.8k and not 4k.

Both of the 40inch models are 4k and HDR :)

panasonic review here Panasonic EX700 review - FlatpanelsHD

you have also got the 40 inch samsung NU7100 on there which is nearly just as good as the pani but a bit less bright in hdr Samsung NU7100 Review (UN40NU7100, UN43NU7100, UN50NU7100, UN55NU7100, UN58NU7100, UN65NU7100, UN75NU7100) - RTINGS.com

the samsung is android I think so would maybe be better for you but im sure the pani will have all the apps you need plus with it being brighter it will be better for hdr and sdr.

Both are VA panels which is a big plus, but imo the panasonic is the better buy.

Last edited:
Sony and Philips use Android, the rest use proprietary OS. But I wouldn’t pick a tv based on its OS, especially given you can get Roku, Apple etc

The bad thing is panasonic have went ips this year as well so if that ex700 2017 model goes then you’ll only have the samsung! hence why I said to snap the pani up quick lol, by looking at the review and specs its a great little tv mate. the pani is around 80 nits brighter in hdr which counts!.

Last edited:
I would be concerned about ventilation if you are so thin on space around the TV. Manufacturers usually recommend leaving some space (as much as 10cm) each side of a TV.

The bad thing is panasonic have went ips this year as well so if that ex700 2017 model goes then you’ll only have the samsung! hence why I said to snap the pani up quick lol, by looking at the review and specs its a great little tv mate. the pani is around 80 nits brighter in hdr which counts!.

Well, I actually measured the wall again and it would just fit (it's the same size). However after reading that review and a couple of other on that series I'm actually put of that TV now. It's got HDR but colours don't look great, blacks are a little grey and suffers from a motion blur issue. I know it's all subjective and I might not even notice but still. Think I will leave it for now based on that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom