1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any hints or signs of the NEXT LCD's from the BIG 3 ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Tempest, May 22, 2005.

1. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,321
    Just wondering if there have been any hints as to any new models in the pipeline from Pannie, Hitachi, Sanyo ? (Sony still a bit new still I guess)

Or have we reached a bit of a stand still and they are all just waiting for the new LCD Panels (are they not from Epson?) before any of the big 3 can bring out their new models?

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    also interested in this. think the next big step for these is more contrast and a native 1080p panel. think LCD & DLP will both shine in the coming years with HDTV & HD-DVD/BluRay as if they dont already ;)

3. indyjones

indyjones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm also wondering when the next gen LCDs will come out. The Hitachi is the oldest, so I guess it's due for an update. That's why I'm going to wait till fall. If there's no good news about 1080p Pjs, or if the new Hitachi/Sanyo prove to be like they are now (with the same Epson panels), I'll probably go with the Sony HS 50, which will hopefully by then have dropped well below 2000 Euros.
    However, all this waiting is getting on my nerves. There will ALWAYS be new technology coming out, so no matter what you buy, it's going to be outdated in no-time.

Indy :cool:

4. lukemh

lukemh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Barco iCon H600 wins the rAVe Up and Coming 2005 Award in the category of Best New Product (Industry-wide)
    ...This is a total-trend setter. No doubt every projector manufacturer will attempt to emulate this technology. With Window’s XP-Server embedded and the capability to connect and display six different video sources simultaneously, the iCon H600 essentially creates a new way of building environments. Using native 1920 x 1080 resolution LCD panels, you can project a virtual wall in the front of your room and overlay/embed it with multiple images from PowerPoint presentations to video to HD-video...
    from Gary Kayye's rAVe - <http://www.kayyerave.com/>

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A little biased given you're a Barco employee wouldn't you say ;)

6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Jeez,

VB, SD, dustblobs, and now Windows XP. :suicide:

...PJ ;)

7. lukemh

lukemh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly :devil:

8. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    I'm not planning on upgrading from my HS20 until 1920x1080 3 chip dlp or really good dila makes it below the 5k mark.

9. pez

pez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Check out http://www.epson.co.jp/e/newsroom/news_2004_10_18.htm

1920x1080 panels from Epson, i think we'll see them talked about in projectors from pannie et al by the end of the year, and then in circulation early next year.

groovy!

i want 2, and i want jim cameron to supply Battle Angle Alitta on 2 blu ray discs, one for each eye :)

pez