• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any here gone from a P42s10 to a P42g20?

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Thinking of maybe upgrading due to the low cost of G20's now.

Has anyone here made the switch? Was it worth it?

The 2 things that most annoy me about the s10 are judder and very soft SD picture. Otherwise i am very happy with my s10 (900 hours and blacks still good) and its hacked to get the gamma menu which has really improved the picture.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Got two mates with a G10 and G15, I regularly go over playing games. Id say compared to my V20 there is a noticeable diff in contrast, black level, SD and colours. The G20 isnt as good as my set with black level but everything else is about the same, maybe check the reviews of th G20 and V20 to compare. The other big diff is the controls for gamma etc require no hacking on the G20/V20.

If I was you Id not bother, Id be tempted by the slightly deeper backs and extra controls, but if I didnt have the cash lying around Id prob wait for next years sets to drop in price around Sept-Oct.

OH and SD is slightly sharper and I havent seen any judder on my set or any G20s I've looked at.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom