Any Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by boozydoo, Nov 25, 2003.

1. boozydoo

boozydoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I would like to order a new DVD player very soon. My current model (Pioneer DV717) has served me well, but now i have a plasma ready to be installed i think it's time to move on.

What i really want to know is is it worth me getting both PAL and NTSC progressive for my plasma? I have the 37" PW5 panny model (never seen it going yet!). I do quite like the sound of getting DVD-A and SACD on the Pioneer 565A, but should i be concerened that it can only output in NTSC progressive?

I don't really want to spend more than £250 really. Is the Pioneer a good choice, or are there others which would suit bettter?

Many Thanks,

Jon

2. boozydoo

boozydoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK,

after a bit more reading last night i concluded that i should get the Sony 930 as it has PS in both PAL and NTSC, and SACD.

Obviously i lose the ability to playback DVD-Audio, but i think in the long run the PS in PAL will be more valuable.

If anyone knows of any problems with this model then please let me know.

Thanks,

Jon

3. boozydoo

boozydoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One final post for my many helpers!

I eventually ordered the Harman Kardon DVD506LE player from av-sales for the excellent price of £258. This price is due to go up very shorlty so if anyone is interested in a player which excellent specs, PAL & NTSC Progressive Scan, Burr Brown DAC's and looks very nice, then take a look:

http://www.av-sales.com/html/harman_kardon_dvd506le.html