Any heavy metal fans out there?

Update - so I got a ticket.......... Just gotta hope the travel ban to the US is lifted before December :eek:

Well there's no going back now - flights booked today. Non refundable 😭 I suppose if you don't gamble, you don't get the pay-off...

New podcast from Metallica starts next Friday ...

COMING FRIDAY, AUGUST 20​

Join us for eight episodes going behind the scenes of The Black Album - the hows and whys - as told by the band and nearly 40 special guests including Jason Newsted, Bob Rock, Alice Cooper, Rob Halford, and many more!​

RSS feed: https://rss.art19.com/the-metallica-podcast-volume-1

I'm glad James lomenzo is back in Megadeth, I saw them with him at rock city and the was a really good fit.

^^ Had to look up what that whole church bell keyboard thing was called - apparently it's this ...

And now, this ...

^^ Had to look up what that whole church bell keyboard thing was called - apparently it's this ...

And now, this ...

I'd love to spend a few hours with that guy, being walked through the picture book and the DVDs...

Anthrax have announced some UK shows next year to celebrate their 40th anniversary, and are bringing Municipal Waste with them (which is great, as I've never seen MW). Tickets on sale Friday, presale today I think if you have O2 Priority

1629248910484.png

Arch Enemy/Behemoth tour rescheduled to next year - unsurprising as Carcass, special guests on that tour, have been added to the Damnation Fest line up in Nov, the poster of which touts it as their only how of 2021, and it's on the same day they were due to be playing with AE and Behemoth in Denmark :laugh: Someone didn't think that through before letting the cat out of the bag.....

On the plus side, got 4 tickets for the Foo Fighters in London next June. Wanted the July show but it was sold out before I could even get tickets allocated, so settled for the Thursday show instead

New podcast from Metallica starts next Friday ...

RSS feed: https://rss.art19.com/the-metallica-podcast-volume-1

Here it is ...
Through four studio albums, Metallica established themselves as the most successful and respected band in metal. How did they get there? More importantly, what else did they have to prove? Why mess with success? This episode takes us from where it all began to moments before The Black Album was born. Lars Ulrich, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, and former member Jason Newsted are joined by Ron Quintana, Brian Slagel, Big Mick Hughes, and manager Cliff Burnstein.

Last edited:
Here it is ...

Ep 2 ....
How will the band deal with bringing in an outsider? Why did they invite one in? On Side 2 of the podcast, the band enters the studio to record the Black Album with Producer Bob Rock. Guests include: Bob Rock, Jason Newsted, Alice Cooper, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, and Big Mick Hughes.

EDIT: Senjutsu out today
- full album playlist @ Senjutsu - YouTube
(track after track should all play below)

EDIT: Senjutsu vinyl unboxing and new video for Stratego

Last edited:
CD arrived this morning - a Romanian band which sings in their native tongue (which is always a very big plus in my book) - if you like Gojira maybe Opeth (maybe Rotting Christ or Behemoth but without going full Trve Black :)) it's proggy and pretty heavy sometimes...

Cheers
f.

Have to say, the new Carcass album, 'Torn Arteries' is a cracker

That's pretty good - chugs at a reasonably pleasant pace :)

I've never really got into Carcass - will need to change that with this album and work my way backwards. I knew of them of course (and the cover for Surgical Steel was all over the place some time ago as well) but never actually properly listened to them.

For the last few years I'm kind of stuck with my metal listening - just listened to all the stuff i'd know already and not venturing out too much. But my daughter is getting a bit older and she's into metal as well and because of that i'm getting to listen to some 'unusual suspects' (Soilwork, In Flames, Baby-metal...)

Cheers
Michal

New (well, new in April anyway) Gorjia seems to be kicking ass too

Ahh yes... the Chant is bloody heartbreaking... especially after seeing the video...
I'm really glad they forge their path so strongly

I remember listening to Magma and feeling that after L'Enfant Sauvage they slightly softened their sound... but now whenever i hear Silvera... ohh my god! It just slays :) (as the younger generation would say :)

f.

My new arrivals this morning - i'm on a quest to complete my Voivod discography (at least all the studio albums). These two are a bit of outliers - recorded with new vocalist Eric Forrest after Snake left... and them came back :)

Because of that these are a bit dismissed as 'not-real-voivod' but i like them :)
A bit like the X-Factor and Virtual XI by Iron Maiden.
voivod.jpg

f.

My new arrivals this morning - i'm on a quest to complete my Voivod discography (at least all the studio albums). These two are a bit of outliers - recorded with new vocalist Eric Forrest after Snake left... and them came back :)

Because of that these are a bit dismissed as 'not-real-voivod' but i like them :)
A bit like the X-Factor and Virtual XI by Iron Maiden.
View attachment 1577852
f.

I really need to give these a proper listen. Other than the last album I don't really know anything after The Outer Limits but I can't imagine Voivod ever putting out a bad record.

My proper start with Voivod was only from their eponymous album Voivod from 2003 and it's follow-up from 2006 Katorz - both brilliant and Jason Newstead on bass only added to their appeal
Earlier i've tried to listed to their earlier stuff (especially the three first ones - War & Pain, Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr and Killing Technology) - but it's a tough nut to crack... not only proper full-on almost death-metal but with their signature dissonant madness thrown in... and that can be hard to take in :)

But now i can enjoy all of them equally... some are better, some not so much... Angel Rat still is a gem, albeit a bit softer...

f.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom