any HD box problems?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by gilburton, Aug 21, 2006.

1. gilburton

gilburton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am having an ongoing problem where I only seem to be getting a very basic package(freesat?) and HD and movies.I was getting all channels until a week ago and initially lost only the premium sports channels until the operator took me through the installation procedure and I have now lost virtually everything!I am getting the onscreen message to upgrade???I am on the full package and the techs tell me it appears to be ok at their end.My second box is ok.I am awaiting a new card to see if that cures it(don't think so)and after that it will be an engineers visit.Until then has there been any problems cropping up with the Thomson HD box now that it has been out for a few months?:(

2. andyturner28

andyturner28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can tell you havn't read this forum before. Look at the sticky's at the top of the page. You will find 6 billion complaints about the box. Had no problems with mine yet (my finkers are crossed as i wright this:) )

As reguards your loss of channels if they say it is OK their end then get them out immediately. Make them bring the card with him and don't let him leave your house untill you get all the channels. You are still paying for Sky world so they are taking the p*** making you wait.

I wouldn't be too happy with them calling me a lier either.

Cheers,

Andy.

3. gilburton

gilburton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    received a new card today but it didn,t work on the premium channels and still failed after numerous attempts at pairing although all the non premium channels came back as soon as the new card was inserted.On the last call when I demanded an engineer she asked me to try again and BINGO they all came back.I asked why and she said it may have been done in the wrong order? My daughter works for Telewest on the technical side and she was appalled at the service and said they were talking rubbish.It was a cock up at their end but won't admit it.She said someone has hit my box to downgrade it and the card change doesn't do anything and she reckoned I had been sent a "pre hit" card.If I was receiving some channels the card is/was ok.I have sent James Murdoch an email and await their reply

4. andyturner28

andyturner28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

What an absolute load of B*****s. There is no such thing as a pre hit card, or pre hit anything. Sky just don't like admitting to their mistakes and come up with whatever bull comes into their head.

Glad you got it sorted anyway. I am interested if you get a reply to your e-mail.

Andy.

5. gilburton

gilburton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think you have misread my last reply it was my daughter who mentioned the card not sky.Anyway received a phone call to apologise for the poor service and got 2mths free.