Answered Any hacks for Win10 x64 and Intel HD 3000 graphics

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by redinfra, Jul 13, 2016.

1. redinfra

redinfra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I upgraded my Medion Akoya Sandybridge laptop from Win7 x64 to Win10 x64 last year and have been living with this issue for a while as it's my HTPC connected to my TV. In a nutshell, all was well on Win7. All is well on Win10 when it is connected to my TV. When I try to use it as a laptop without an external display connected, after the Windows flag boot up screen, the laptop display remains blank. I hear the Windows logon chime, but still nothing shows on the laptop screen. I can plug in the hdmi cable and the laptop displays the desktop on the TV fine.

I understood after upgrading that Intel aren't developing Win10 drivers for this chipset anymore and was fine with that. However, having purchased a nvidia Shield TV on yesterdays Amazon Prime day, I'd like to use the laptop as a laptop. If I uninstall the display device and reboot, the Microsoft basic driver is used and that works fine on the laptop, but not on the TV (if I recall testing late last night correctly). By any luck, might anyone here be aware of any drivers for Intel HD 3000 that let you use the laptop screen?

Thanks in advance!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by redinfra, Jul 13, 2016 (1 points)
  3. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,476
    I'm using the slower version of that model, the HD2000, on windows 10 just fine so there may be some other problem there. If you leave it on the Microsoft drivers then Windows should attempt to install the proper ones by itself from windows update if it has a set that's compatible so it might be worth using it for a few days like that.

4. redinfra

redinfra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Endless. It does indeed install drivers from Windows Update after leaving on MS basic driver. Then the problem returns. Some more "popular search engine" usage this morning has yielded a possible fix by means of a bios update as it affected others with my model laptop (E6221) when they moved from Win7 to Win8. Not sure if I've checked the bios already, but will check at home when I finish work!

5. scarty16

scarty16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    try drive booster by iobit that should sort you out driver wise

6. redinfra

redinfra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Best Answer
    Well there's nothing like asking a public forum to rack your own brain cells! Bios was well out of date. Applied the latest available bios and I can now use the laptop as a laptop. Thanks all for the suggestions!