Any Hackable Blu-Ray Players? (Region A, B, C)

Coreydbz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend me a UK model Blu-Ray player that can be hacked to permanently play region A discs? (It doesn't matter if it will no longer play Region B after the hack)

I'm looking for a player 3D capable and under £200, though the cheaper the better. I don't really want to have to import a region A player so any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

So will the Pioneer BDP-150-K work? I found it on Amazon for about £75.
Also will it play Region A and B after the firmware update?

Yes I can confirm it will play region a and b. but you can't update 1.05 firmware only 1.02.

Can you please point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to do this? I think I'll be buying this player.

I'm essentially gambling buy ordering online aren't I? As I have no way of knowing if I will receive a 1.02 player. Just in case I have trouble finding one, are their any other options for multi region players?

There's multi region magic and tps but they will probably start at £200.

Say if I was to import a player from the U.S. what would I need to get it working in a house in the UK? For now I mainly want it just for the Region A capabilities, as I have a Ps3 for everything else.

You'd need a transformer, maplin sell them, don't forget to factor in the import tax.

Might be easier to source a player from somewhere like Singapore, which is what I'm planning to do on my next trip. Region A, 220/240V, UK-style plug, and no problems. ;)

I managed to buy Pioneer BDP-150 from eBay for £144, it works perfectly.

Nice going! :)

Say if I was to import a player from the U.S. what would I need to get it working in a house in the UK? For now I mainly want it just for the Region A capabilities, as I have a Ps3 for everything else.

That's what I did - buy an $80 Sony S1100 when I was in the US, and connect it to the mains via a £12.99 Maplin transformer. Works a treat, and I don't need to worry about firmware updates killing my region support or anything.

Hi, can anyone recommend me a UK model Blu-Ray player that can be hacked to permanently play region A discs? (It doesn't matter if it will no longer play Region B after the hack)

I'm looking for a player 3D capable and under £200, though the cheaper the better. I don't really want to have to import a region A player so any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Gidday Coreydbz,

I can personally recommend the single HDMI output socket Asus BDS-500 :thumbsup: or with included inbuilt WIFI and dual HDMI out for separate Audio and Video signal the Asus BDS-700 :clap:and both are very fairly priced on Amazon UK. Both players are below the 200 pound mark and have the Marvell chipset which is great for video and audio capabilities depending on your 1080p or 1080i TV. You can manually change to 720p/i also. I have both players and one is set to Bluray A/ DVD 1 and the other Bluray B/ DVD 2 & 4 manually change it which is Euro/Australia region.

And you can have most recent releases 3D ISO files played via external USB disk or use an 3D Bluray disc from any region as there is a trick to manually change without limit the regions for both Bluray and DVD via the originallly provided Asus remote control. :lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom