Any got any experience with Dali in-walls? H80/E80

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Hi all

Need to make some decisions soon on my surround and atmos speakers for my dedicated room. I've got JBL 3677s across the front with a dual driver PSA sub...but I'm wondering what surrounds to install.

Firstly, the room is small - 2.4m x 4.5m, and there is a timber frame being installed around the perimeter, with a fabric track system to cover the surrounds and acoustic mineral wool treatments.

Depth of speaker is key for the surround with a max 150mm depth to work with. I was looking at a couple of options, the Dali H80 for the surrounds, and the E80 in-ceilings for atmos, and I wondered if anyone had any experience of these?

The other option I was considering was the Arendal 1961 bookshelf speakers and Arendal atmos 1961s for on-ceiling atmos. The depth of cabinet is perfect, and it would also mean no hassle with making a plasterboard face that the H80s will need to be recessed into.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

I'll be quite close to the surrounds, crossing over around 80-100hz, but I'll generally be playing movies @ around -10db to -5db.

And I don't really want to spend much above £2k!

Cheers
Matt

Jase

Distinguished Member
I know the Arendal 1961 Triaxial Surrounds are a bit deeper (18.5cms) but would they be a better option given the seating distance from them?

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Hey Jase, well this is a whole other debate! In terms of whether I should use monopoles or tripoles…

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hey Jase, well this is a whole other debate! In terms of whether I should use monopoles or tripoles…

I'm pretty close to my side surrounds and Tripoles give me a much better spread of sound than monopoles. I have monopoles as surround backs though as they're about 2m away.

Tripoles also work extremely well as Atmos speakers, especially in a Top Middle configuration (but placed up high on the side walls and angled down).

Something to ponder anyway! :)

jamiepm

I’ve just installed some e80s in my ceiling to compliment my opticons. The sound is really clear, they are quite expensive compared to the e60s but as I couldn’t fit a pair behind the seating position I paid to have one larger pair. I also used the hoody 2s to both maintain the fire regs but also to stop sound radiating into the rooms above. So absolutely would recommend

cheers Jamie

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom