1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Good?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Lex, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

would appreciate any opinions of the PS2 game:

'UEFA Champions League Football 2001/2'

I know it is not as good as ISS, but is it terrible, not bad, good, or other?!
    I have never played it, and you can get it really cheap at the moment - £12.99 from ASDA. Is it worth it? Or should I pay out for ISS?

Cheers for your thoughts,
    Lex.

2. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Lex,
    It's not a bad game, more in the FIFA mould than ISS. Personally, I would pay out for Pro Evolution Soccer 2 - the best football game of all time in my opinion.

Cheers.
    Andy

3. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It's the best game in the world! Ha ha! I'm biased though, as I was the producer. I got to spend a few days in a recording studio with Gabby Yorath though whilst we did the commentary, which made it all very worthwhile :D

£12.99? Really? Jeez, I know it's not the best game we've ever done, but can't believe it's being discounted that heavily already. I know the PC version shipped at £19.99 but the PS2 is still selling at full price everywhere else I've looked. EB still seem to have fairly prominent displays for it.

As ashearer said, it's certainly not as tactical as ISS, but we didn't design it that way. We were looking for a kind of halfway house between ISS & Fifa.

Cheers,
    John