• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Any good VR YouTube ?

grant666uk

With my Rift not arriving till Saturday I need something to pass the long looooong hours. Can anyone recommend some good dedicated VR YouTube channels [emoji3]

Thanks.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
dunno about channels but this specific video blew my mind.

how the frak they fly that close i will never know!

edit... doh! i see what you mean, in which case yes i can give me a sec.... (but do come back to the above link once you get your rift set up, it is fab in VR)

this guy is my fave VR streamer
youtube.com/user/GamerMuscleVideos

this guy gives away a lot of free stuff
youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay/

Last edited:

grant666uk

dunno about channels but this specific video blew my mind.

how the frak they fly that close i will never know!

edit... doh! i see what you mean, in which case yes i can give me a sec.... (but do come back to the above link once you get your rift set up, it is fab in VR)

this guy is my fave VR streamer
youtube.com/user/GamerMuscleVideos

this guy gives away a lot of free stuff
youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay/

Thanks Bud.

Atmos

@Gilbers

Following on from the Pimax thread where we debated the virtues of VR HMDs over Projectors I gave YouTube VR another go.

Sitting facing my 150” screen I was able to stretch the YouTube screen way beyond the limitations of my projector to something that looked more like 300. This was more like sitting in a IMAX theatre.

I searched for some 4k videos and there’s been quite an improvement from last time I looked. There was a nice video of Machu Pichu which looked great concidering the current resolution on today’s HMDs. Blacks looked dark beyond my Projectors capabilities. Colours were rich and popped of the screen. Constrast look bright for brighter than my PJ could handle. Everything about the image look great. Even with first gen lenses they never attracted attention. The only thing that seemed lacking was resolution.

Now Youtube doesn’t stop at 4k. We’re now spoilt with 8k video too. Completely wasted on a 2k display found in the Rift or Vive.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom