any good torrent sites ?

mason

Im still new too the whole music downloading etc and I find it a long and tiring task.

I have been using AllOfMP3.com for my music downloads and it takes ages!!

I use broadband and it takes about 40mins an album (downloading in cd quality so I can burn on to disc etc.)- is this the standard time etc or is it too slow?? I mean, how long do you guys take to download an album say?

Zone

Takes me about 10/15 mins for an album using Allofmp3 but I download at 192kbps as I really can’t tell the difference between that and 320kbps, I know some people can, I can’t..
Also make sure you are downloading as many tracks at once as it will allow, usually 4 or 5 as then you’ll be utilising all the available bandwidth!!

themoid

Are we talking legal downloads here ? Just wondering, as if someone on the forums mentions downloading movies it all kicks off :eek: so I was wondering if it's the same with dloading tunes ?

cheeseywang

Standard Member
I also use Allof MP3 for music downloads. The way I figure it is I've paid them, what they do with the money is between them and the record companies.

mason said:
I use broadband and it takes about 40mins an album (downloading in cd quality so I can burn on to disc etc.)- is this the standard time etc or is it too slow?? I mean, how long do you guys take to download an album say?
When you say "CD quality" do you mean the button labelled CD quality (which is usually 320kbps) or do you mean one of the lossless options?

I generally download an album @ 320kbps (CD quality) in around 10-15 minutes depending on how busy their server is. As Zone says you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between that and 192kbps. If you're downloading as Lossless then it will certainly take much longer as I believe CDs are encoded at about 1400kbps so the files will be over four times the size. Either 192 or 320 is perfectly adequate for most people I reckon.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom