Any good tips to get better at the game

Discussion in 'Xbox One Battlefield' started by Killr2589, Feb 12, 2014.

1. cunnas

cunnas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    My battle log doesn't seem to be working but I suspect my k/d is almost level..ish

2. cunnas

cunnas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    What I love about the game as opposed to previous bf games is the mines or slams you leave stay active even when you die so it's kind of like free bonus points when someone sets one off

3. KirkSi

KirkSi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,930
    For TDM the 'liability' tactic has always been, go and camp in a crate somewhere as a support bloke, chuck some C4 at the opening of the crate and every time you see an enemy round the corner to shoot you detonate!

4. KirkSi

KirkSi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,930
    Have you added your name into the 'Gamertag exchange' thread? If so have you added a load of us to your friends list. Again, if so then before booting up the game, look to see if there are any BF4 parties going on and come and join us for some games :thumbsup: Trust me, you'll do a lot better if you're in a squad with people communicating. In last night's games there were loads of times I had my bacon saved by an AVF squad member because we were sticking together as a squad. There were times when I was chucking out a med pack and an enemy rounded the corner and I thought I was a gonner only for Tourettes to kill him as he was shooting me.

Is the surface to air missile thingy one of the lock on ones or is it the SRAW which is a wire guided one (unless something is laser designated in which case it can then lock on)? If you're not using the SRAW then give it a go, it's incredibly versatile, you can take out tanks, aircraft (if you're good at guiding it) and can even snipe infantry with it across the map :D

5. cunnas

cunnas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    I'me useless at names or techie terms - it kind of locks on and you follow the missile once launched - dead easy to do and rakes in the points but I will look at the SRAW if I have it unlocked?

Yep, on the GT exchange and have added a few people when I have a spare minute or 2 but not noticed many people online yet.

6. AudioSlim

AudioSlim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    The SRAW rocks. Its just a shame that all these arent more powerful. 4 RPG's to take out a tank is a little over the top.

7. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,191
    I think it's fairly well balanced. If there's more than one of you, taking out a tank isn't that difficult, and even on your own it's very doable. You can take them out with 2 or 3 RPGs if you hit their rear or side etc.

If you think the tanks are too powerful, try driving round in one, and you'll suddenly realise how easy it is to kill one.

8. cunnas

cunnas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    Tried the sraw but sticking with my guided one. Had the best game ever tonight taking down multiple choppers with a full load and a few slams taking out tanks and other vehicles. Still using the (I think) a5c or whatever the first carbine is mainly as I have most the attachments. Not sure if the others are much of an improvement?

9. stellamandude

stellamandude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,773
    It's a bit of a toss up really when it comes to RPG's and SRAW's, for me personally I think the both should do more damage, the RPG's are un-guided, meaning a moving target is far harder to hit, SRAW's on the other hand are slightly easy to use as you can guide them to a moving target...........but..........SRAW means you have to stay on target, resulting in you being more vulnerable once you fire it, RPG's on the other hand are a "fire" and duck behind cover.
    It's a trade off really, but I do think they should do more damage then 25.
    For me I think 34 damage is the sweet spot, along with JAV's, Igla's and all the other lock on weapons.

10. cunnas

cunnas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    Oh right I got the impression a sraw was a rpg! Well have to take another look tonight!

11. mklion123

mklion123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,118
    It all depends on which side of the fence your on, if your in a tank you want it to do 25, if your firing it you want it to do 34.
    The thing that I think does need changing is the power of C4 on tanks, does seem a little over powered.

12. stellamandude

stellamandude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,773
    If your quick enough and sneaky enough to get 3 lumps of C4 on a vehicle you deserve to blow it up :cool:

13. KirkSi

KirkSi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,930
    The RPG does do around 30-35 damage on a tank, but it's not a OHK on a chopper strangely enough. The SRAW does max. 25 to a tank but is a OHK to a chopper :confused:

AK5C is the first carbine and is a cracking gun. If you've got a setup that you like then stick to it. I moved from the AK5C to the ACW-R as I wanted an option with a higher rate of fire as well. Now I've got all the attachments I want for both guns I've got options. Just need to get a decent setup on the M60 so I can get enough LMG kills to unlock the MG4 and get a decent setup on that and then I'll be happy with my gun options.

14. AudioSlim

AudioSlim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I'm using the MX7 (think its that one) its a good gun as well. Either that or the ACE CQB (the exact names might not be exact!).

Its tricky about tanks vs RPG's etc though. As a lone engineer it would be nice is 3 RPG's would take out a tank completeley (its close but takes 4 to do the job). However then when you get a few engineers together than that doesnt work well and you can see why its at the 30 damage they are.

15. King Tones

King Tones
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18,364
    An RPG will take out a chopper in One Hit. If its laggy though then its just a hit marker

16. stellamandude

stellamandude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,773
    So it's a hit marker all the time after this last patch :rotfl:

17. King Tones

King Tones
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18,364
    Probably

18. KirkSi

KirkSi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,930
    I've hit transport choppers with an RPG though and just got a mobility hit on it. You might be able to OHK little birds and attack choppers but those transports don't go down easily (insert 'just like your wife' joke here).

19. The Fuggler

The Fuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Conquest takes some getting used. Bedlam! Really good fun though. Interesting to follow a couple of AVFers around and see how they played. I was still pretty useless, but learnt a lot.

And I pity the poor bloke who hopped on the bike with me. That did not end well....

20. Neil_H

Neil_H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    I just got this on Friday and have been hammering it all weekend. At first I found it punishing for a new player, mainly because the silencers and other equipment seems to take a while to unlock. I found being on the minimap is generally A Bad Thing, as it is in Call of Duty.

After a bit of grinding and larger amount of shouting I’ve managed to reach rank 10 and unlock a few assault rifles - I've settled on the AEK-971 (possibly got that completely wrong) as my current favourite. I’ve steered away from Conquest as it seems laggy and is a little less interesting to play for me, and I seem to do better in TDM. On my last game of the weekend I managed this:

photo.PNG

Does this game have connection issues? I’ve had quite a few WTF moments where people come around corners and instakill me, in fact I lose almost all 1v1s on some servers – not sure if this is a skill gap, equipment gap or just connection?

Still also trying to get used to the Xbox One controller, the thumbsticks are too small I find.

21. The Fuggler

The Fuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    I trust we can expect some videos at some point...?

22. Neil_H

Neil_H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    Would like to but I’ll need a new recorder as my old one isn’t HDMI compatible. Would like to post some Titanfall too!

23. The Fuggler

The Fuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Would be good indeed - used to enjoy the others, if only to reinforce my own inadequacy...!

24. BISHI

BISHI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    Some tips-
    Use red dot sight, you aim quicker .
    Load out your weapon to increase stability NOT accuracy using any automatic weapons ( muzzle brake/ angled grip maximise this.
    Find the best locations to lay mines ( 3 in a v spread with the point aiming at the direction the vehicle is most likely coming from , pace them in the middle of the track so the first detonation sets off the others).
    Practice moving and keeping your aim on target, you will be much easier to hit in a fire fight if you are static.
    Fire automatic weapons in short bursts, don't hold the trigger down constantly as the bullet spread will keep rising.
    Aim for the centre of the body and natural barrel rise will hit the head on the 3rd or 4th sh*t from a burst.
    Reload after every firefight, an absolute must so keep practicing until it's instinctive.
    If you run out of bullets pull your pistol.
    Use the cover on the map to move around and never run across the top of a rise, you will be a much easier target.
    Finally, keep checking the minimap on the lower left corner - don't chose a fight you have got only a 50% chance of winning.

K/D ratio only matters in death match.. Play conquest to maximise points. Wait for double xp weekends before playing your 100 and 200% boost cards. Best of luck.

25. Neil_H

Neil_H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    Thanks bud, I'll probably need a bit more practice before I can make some entertaining BF vids :eek::D

26. iwb100

iwb100
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,222
    To be precise use the coyote red dot sight because it is unarguably far and away the most advantageous sight in the game.

27. lungwun

lungwun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,097
    Best Tip Ever!

Only play Conquest large on Zavod 311 and make like a Tree with a silenced weapon. :smashin:

Alternatively, find a nice dark greenish brown bush and get your camp fire going. (Silencers are mandatory)

Remember, always pick and move as enemies WILL come back for the revenge kill

28. mklion123

mklion123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,118
    Not whilst the death cam is fudgeed, half the time I haven't got a fudgeing clue who or what killed me, and it would be helpful if the hit detector would tell me the correct direction the enemy is shooting from, I'm having enough trouble killing people as it is, without it turning me in the wrong direction to help the enemy shoot me in the back......