1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Good Repair Shops (in SE UK)?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by BigKidWithPC, Jul 13, 2005.

1. BigKidWithPC

BigKidWithPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JVC GR-DVM5 which is about six years old. I have had great fun with it and would like to eke more out of it if I can, but it has several problems developing. Old age catches up with us all, but I had hoped that a camcorder had a longer life span than a guinea pig. I am not sure if it is worth repairing but would like to get a quote, if I can. I have tried a couple of repair places online from a Google search, but for some reason those places declined to give it a go. Has anyone any experience of a good repair shop in the UK, preferably in the South East, that would have the capability to repair this model, from whom I could get a quote?

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    There are only around 20 JVC Authorised Digital Service Centres in the UK, that's why many dealers won't touch them. They don't have the skills and access to the Service information. Your nearest is:

DNH Photographic Services
    46 Whitehorse Hill
    Chislehurst
    Kent
    BR7 6DL

Tel 020-8295-0568 or 020-295-0133
    Fax 020-8295-0730

They also had a branch in Kemsing but I'm not sure if that's still open.

The GR-DVM5 is a bit of an antique by DVC standards so may not be worth repairing, but it's worth a try.

3. BigKidWithPC

BigKidWithPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you. I have just spoken to them and they sound capable. A guesstimate of £150 is what I have been given for the problems I am experiencing. I think it would be hard to find a good quality camcorder of the ruggedness, size and spec of the GR-DVM5 for that price, so I will probably give it a go, despite its antiquity!