Any good homemade hangover cures?

steviedog

Ex Member
Reaction score
First day back at uni in 40 minutes and I feel like ****.

Anyone know any homemade hangover cures?

I've taken 2 co-codamol tablets but nothing...

Bacon sandwich and a can of Stella ?.....

Or plenty of water, even if you don't feel like drinking water just force the pints down, you need to get yourself rehydrated. You've already took painkillers so that should take care of the bad head

Hangovers are easy to cure:-

2 x Paracetamol - for the headache
Breakfast - starts the metabolism which burns up the alcohol quicker. If you want a full English breakfast, that's fine!
Water/soft drink - for the dehydration. You'll probably want a few of these.

Make sure you do all 3 and you'll be fine in a couple of hours.

I hope you had a good night!!!

Full English! The eating part will start its work on the alcohol and the grease settles your stomach, so that should sort the worst of it out.

Last edited:
Bacon and egg buttie with HP sauce, Pepsi and a couple of neurofen.

Carbonated drinks will help your brain through the morning. Next time, take some preventative measures, eg, drink plenty of water when you get back in and if possible, drink the odd non alcoholic drink between pints.

Carbonated drinks will help your brain through the morning. Next time, take some preventative measures, eg, drink plenty of water when you get back in and if possible, drink the odd non alcoholic drink between pints.

Or just make your pints last longer?

when you have a hangover you are dehydrated, have low blood glucose levels and low blood sodium levels

a can of coke (none diet) and some crisps will give you all of those things quickly

the caffeine is a good stimulant as well

use your local supermarket non branded ibuprofen and save 90% of the rip off price of neurofen

Dr Pepper

A pint of orange juice.
A good poo.
A hot shower/shave.
Food and more orange juice.

That's what works for me.

stand directly under hot shower (pointed directly at head) on full blast until it's gone
- usually takes me about 10 mins

That's a new one on me :D One that never failed was a 10 mile bike ride, however, the first 2-3 miles were torture but once you got into it, by the end it's as if you hadn't touched a drop. However, the shower method sounds a lot more appealing to me nowadays if it works!

A pint of orange juice.
A good poo.
A hot shower/shave.
Food and more orange juice.

That's what works for me.

It was going well, up to the poo, I just couldn't face it. Do you use any seasoning to cover up the taste?

:devil:

exactly what you had to drink the night before in reverse order.

Paracetamol, Brufen, Codeine, Diclofenac and Tramadol if you have any laying around (although not if you have to do other things or operate heavy machinary).

Drink lots of fluid, and promise never to drink again.

take a huge dump, shower then sausage sandwich. never fails!

take a huge dump, shower then sausage sandwich. never fails!

always in that order?

I find I crave a can of Coke in the morning, not sure why, but it seems to help, I avoid milky cereals and go for the fry up/bacon butty option.

I find the dump comes later after a cup of coffee (a run to toilet job), and after that I feel remarkably better :) and lighter.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom