any good dealerships/stores in Notts

mrcoddy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
It appears that I'm having some problems post to this forum so apologies for the double thread.

Anyway I suppose this has already been discussed, if so, apologies again, but can somebody point me to any good dealerships/stores in or around Nottingham where I can demo a few projectors.

As it's regularly said on here by evrybody to demo DLP before buying, I'm not too sure if I'm affected by the so called rainbow affect, so I must find out

I currently looking for an DLP in the low end of £800 - £1500(-ish),
perhaps the BenQ 6200, Infocus ScreenPlay 4805, has anybody got any thoughts about these two? Or if you know a better model?

Or does anybody know a good LCD projector which is on par with the above price range? That's proberbly asking too much?

Mainly I would be using it for DVD's and PC, not bothered about TV.
Many thanks

Carl

Just giving back matey :thumbsup:

PS Could even get old of my dads Panni 300 if need be :)

jack, you got rid of the panny 300 already and moved on to the sony :) i personally didnt like the sony when i saw it :)

only joking on the sony by the way :)

The 300 went with my barn conversion :clap:

I liked the 300 and proberly would have stuck with it until it died.

The Sony though is light years away in picture quality.

But having said that it could also be down to the Pioneer dvd player via HDMI. I used a Sony 900 via component with the Panni 300 so that may set the two that far apart :)

As above sevenoaks in Notts have a 4805 on demo which i have viewed, they also have a H56 i think.

Cheers for the info chaps, :thumbsup:
I think that Sony one is just a little bit outside of my budget but I will pop down to Sevenoaks and see what they've got.

Carl..

Well the offers open :)

I found Seven Oaks helpful but tended to push the high end stuff, they didnt seem too interested in demo-ing the other stuff. In fact Im not too sure if they had anything in sub £1800 :)

Enjoy your search :thumbsup:

I had a quick visit to the Nottinham branch of Sevenoaks today.

They have on demo h30 £1200,4805 £1300 and the sim2 don't know price as it was too expensive for me.

Iam taking peoples advice and trying to demo as many as possible in my price range, I only had time for a 10min look at the 4805 which I was impressed with, though this was my first demo so was probalby impressed more with the size of picture.

One conclusion I have though is I do not have a problem with rainbows :)

My short list to demo are:
Hitachi Tx100
Panasonic AE500
Sony HS20
Sanyo Z2
Screenplay 4805
Themesene H30

sharr72015 said:
My short list to demo are:
Hitachi Tx100
Panasonic AE500
Sony HS20
Sanyo Z2
Screenplay 4805
Themesene H30

Did you find anywhere to demo these projectors?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom