Any good/bad experiences with NOW Wireless Broadband

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by TheBoingoBandit, Oct 25, 2005.

1. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm keen to get rid of my landline and get NOW's wireless broadband service that does not require one.

Since NOW are a new company (to my knowledge), I'd rather not ditch BT and Wanadoo then find out that NOW is a poor service.

If anyone on the forum is using NOW, I'd be keen to know what you think of the service.

Thanks in advance! :smashin:

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Could anyone be worse than wanadoo?

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I think Mylo's been using them for a while. They're run by Vodafone (or at least some of the infrastructure is owned by them).

I did send them an inquiring email a few weeks ago about their support for operating systems other than Win2000 and WinXP which are the only 2 mentioned on their site. It took a week or so for a reply to materialise but apparently they do support Win98SE but not Linux. :)

4. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Apart from them charging for upgrades that others do free, i don't know if the 8meg is free or not, then i have never had trouble with them. When my modem had a fault after nearly two years they sent a new one and didn't want the old one back so i still have the filters and modem on a second pc, it still refuses to connect at times, but if i connect via my main pc then turn on the second, then turn off the first it works all the time and is ideal when i'm upstairs on the second pc.