Any Fujitsu P42VHA30ES Owners Here....Still?

Tim Cooper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just bought one of these bute's & i'd like some help on connecting AV gear to it. This is my first panel & I haven't owned a dvd player or integrated amp since 1998:eek: so i'm out of the loop so to speak.
I'd especially be interested if anyone has successfully connected a HCPC to it.
The kit i'd like to connect is:
Component switching amp
Freeview with PVR
Dvd player
Ideally a HCPC running MCE should cover most of my needs bar the amp.
I've also purchased 5 Gallo nucleas micros so i'm going to need a compact subwoofer, recommend away.
So anyone like to help an old analog lag:D
Cheers.
Tim.
PS if anyones interested i could post work in progress pics as i'm going to wall hang the Fujitsu.

Hi Tim

Fear not, you are not the last one. I have the P42HHA30ES which is the same as your's but with the additional SCART/COMPONENT media add-on box on the rear of the panel.

At the moment, this panel is being used by my XBOX (XBMC) for streaming movies to it via a Hi-Def component cable to the rear.

I think your panel only sports the VGA input, which is mighty handy for a Media Centre setup.

Incidently, did you know these use exactely the same Hi-Def Alis panels as the Hitachi PD3000/PD5000 range? Take it for me though, the fujitsu units are much better in build quality.

PlasmaManiac said:
Hi Tim

Fear not, you are not the last one. I have the P42HHA30ES which is the same as your's but with the additional SCART/COMPONENT media add-on box on the rear of the panel.

At the moment, this panel is being used by my XBOX (XBMC) for streaming movies to it via a Hi-Def component cable to the rear.

I think your panel only sports the VGA input, which is mighty handy for a Media Centre setup.

Incidently, did you know these use exactely the same Hi-Def Alis panels as the Hitachi PD3000/PD5000 range? Take it for me though, the fujitsu units are much better in build quality.

Hi....erm plasma:D
I too have the add-on card on the panel i'm aquiring.
Do you have any experience of running a HCPC or scaler on this panel?
I agree with regards to image quality, i'm really impressed.
Just need some help choosing a amp, dvd player, pvr etc there's so much choice my brain aches:suicide:
Thanks for the reply.
Tim.

Hi Tim

Another one here.

I have owned a Fujitsu P42VHA30ES for the past two and a half years now and I am still extremely pleased with it. I would say it is probably still one of the best SD panels around at the moment and I think the only reason I would possibly change it in the near future would be for a bigger panel.

I currently have a HTPC connected to it through the VGA input and it gives an excellent picture with movies. I was previously using a Harman Kardon 2550 DVD player connect by a component lead which was good but the PC is better. I also have a sky+ box connected by a scart lead.

I have only watched a few Hi Def clips which do seem very impressive but I would ideally like to acquire a few full length HD movies to see how they look.

I have not used a component switching Amp so I can't really comment on how well that would work or how much of a loss in quality you will get, I think it would be better to connect direct to the panel if it is at all possible.

I use a MS309 sub which I think is good value for money but may possibly not be up to the standard of your Gallo's. The BK XLS200 subs are highly recommended around here and may be worth a look, I suppose ultimately it depends on how much you want to spend.

Would be interested in seeing the photos.

Michael

michael6 said:
Hi Tim

Another one here.

I have owned a Fujitsu P42VHA30ES for the past two and a half years now and I am still extremely pleased with it. I would say it is probably still one of the best SD panels around at the moment and I think the only reason I would possibly change it in the near future would be for a bigger panel.

I currently have a HTPC connected to it through the VGA input and it gives an excellent picture with movies. I was previously using a Harman Kardon 2550 DVD player connect by a component lead which was good but the PC is better. I also have a sky+ box connected by a scart lead.

I have only watched a few Hi Def clips which do seem very impressive but I would ideally like to acquire a few full length HD movies to see how they look.

I have not used a component switching Amp so I can’t really comment on how well that would work or how much of a loss in quality you will get, I think it would be better to connect direct to the panel if it is at all possible.

I use a MS309 sub which I think is good value for money but may possibly not be up to the standard of your Gallo’s. The BK XLS200 subs are highly recommended around here and may be worth a look, I suppose ultimately it depends on how much you want to spend.

Would be interested in seeing the photos.

Michael

Hi Michael,
Thanks for the reply the Fuji is safe-n-sound after transporting to my house (stressful to say the least).
I'd be very interested in your settings for a HCPC (HCPC's are my passion) if i can get a decent looking picture through it i can dispense with the pvr & dvd player, what's your opinion on the picture quality?
I'm not after the "bleeding edge" on vision & sound so any modern mid(ish) range amp/receiver will do for now & to be perfectly frank the Gallo's were chosen for their looks alone I've never heard them in action.
I guess I'll have to pull my finger out & get the lounge finished:eek: & get the kit on the wall.
If your interested i do have a rather crapola site with some photo's of my dedicated cinema then you'll understand why it's taken me this long to go digital :D http://members.lycos.co.uk/boringbloke/
Thanks again.
Tim.

Hi Tim,

Glad to hear you managed to get the panel home in once piece, they are not the easiest things to manoeuvre around.

With regard to the PC I have Windows Media Centre 2005 installed which works pretty well for my purposes as I only really use it for watching Movies/TV and storing photographs and music.

Picture quality wise with movies it is really is very good and is a noticeable step up from my HK DVD player which is quite highly regarded. I originally just used the MCE recommended Nvidia DVD decoder which was very good but as I was trying to get the best possible picture quality I now use a combination of Powerstrip, Theatre Tek and FFDSHOW, although there is a bit of an improvement I cannot really recommend going down this road unless you have a lot of patience and time !!

I have a Haupauge Freeview tuner card installed in the PC which also provides a very watchable picture and is easy to record from, I would say that the picture from my Sky+ box has a slight edge though. There is absolutely no reason why you should not be able to dispense with the PVR and DVD player and be perfectly happy with the picture quality.

I have heard the Gallo’s at a show and can tell you that the sound matches the looks, they are very good.

Thanks for the link and happy viewing.

Michael

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom