Any faultless 46-51 inch TVs out there?

keef13

Standard Member
Hi,

Like a lot of folk I've been pouring over reviews and forums to find a new tv.
I made the leap and bought a Samsung 46D6530.
Had it a week and played with all the settings but found unsatisfactory light bleeding from the left hand side, so decided I would return it tomorrow!
In the meantime I try to find a suitable replacement but all the TVs I've read up on seem to have some inherent problem.
For example, the Panny GT30 has the fluctuating brightness, the LG direct LEDs have haloing faults. The Samsung Plasmas aren't black enough and I no longer trust any edge lit LEDs.
Is there any TV between 43 to 51 inches that won't have a niggling issue that spoils my viewing pleasure??
Don't won't to spend more than £1300, but for that money you would expect to have a near perfect picture surely?
Any help/advice appreciated...

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forum.

No:) sadly all sets have niggles, one of the reasons you need to demo properly before you buy.

The Samsung plasmas have a good black level and can go brighter than the Panasonics. Panasonic have the deepest black level but dint go as bright. Id have plasmas from these manufacturers over LCD inc LED back lit.

The brightness flutuations are meant to be fixed now after a firmware update, I have never seen the issue on my GT30 anyway. Not a good idea to just go by what you read on the forums, many of the issues you may not even notice yourself. A lot of membets are really picky so can notice the slightest thing, look hard enough and you will see something you dont like with any set.

Best reviews are available right here on this site, BigGuns10 I dont know if you know that or not;) click on the review link in my signature below this post. AVForum reviews are more than just opinion, sets are fully tested with thousands of pounds worth of kit, by full ISF qualified professionals who have an amazing amount of knowledge and access to information direct from the manufacturers.

keef13

Standard Member
Many thanks Scooby!

Got me thinking about the GT30 again...
How about the green blotches problem, is that still ongoing?
Cheers.

keef13

Standard Member
Also,

Went into PCWorld today to have al ok at the Sammy D8000 plasma, looks gorgeous but has a built in, short, power cable! Why!? Don't want an extension lead amongst my cable management.
Asked him about the fb problem on the Panasonics and he said he hadn't heard from anybody with a problem.

keef13

Standard Member
Finally,

Returned my Samsung LCD to Comet today, and was told by a patronising and argumentative manager that it would have to wait an engineers inspection to see if it was indeed faulty before I could get a refund!
Is this the norm these days??

BigGuns10

Standard Member
Finally,

Returned my Samsung LCD to Comet today, and was told by a patronising and argumentative manager that it would have to wait an engineers inspection to see if it was indeed faulty before I could get a refund!
Is this the norm these days??

Yes. This is usually mentioned in terms and agreement, not the 'patronising and argumentative manager', but the inspection. Happened with me at GameStation :eek: But the product was faulty and they made them look really, really silly :devil:

BigGuns10

Standard Member
Welcome to the forum.

No:) sadly all sets have niggles, one of the reasons you need to demo properly before you buy.

The Samsung plasmas have a good black level and can go brighter than the Panasonics. Panasonic have the deepest black level but dint go as bright. Id have plasmas from these manufacturers over LCD inc LED back lit.

The brightness flutuations are meant to be fixed now after a firmware update, I have never seen the issue on my GT30 anyway. Not a good idea to just go by what you read on the forums, many of the issues you may not even notice yourself. A lot of membets are really picky so can notice the slightest thing, look hard enough and you will see something you dont like with any set.

Best reviews are available right here on this site, BigGuns10 I dont know if you know that or not;) click on the review link in my signature below this post. AVForum reviews are more than just opinion, sets are fully tested with thousands of pounds worth of kit, by full ISF qualified professionals who have an amazing amount of knowledge and access to information direct from the manufacturers.

I know :blush:, just thought he probably already had a look at the reviews here, so decided to use other web sites.

vickster

Distinguished Member
I expect Comet's highly regarded aftersales care is one of the reasons the company was sold for a couple of quid recently ;)

TimmyBee86

I am looking at getting the baby brother - the ST30.
I think my plan of attack is to not look out for any green blotches, because i cant be doing with all the hassle of sending set after set back.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom