1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any fantastic deals??

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by spanky2k, Dec 24, 2002.

1. spanky2k

spanky2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi!

I'm complete newbie, and my camcorder experienced is limited to using an old skool camera my parents had to make 'animations' using my lego blocks when I was 10!!

I am really into web design, image retouching & editing and other media artwork and am very keen on getting into video.

I was on the What Camcorder site a few days ago and I saw that there was an article in one of the magazines (I think it was the January issue) about a £1500 camera for £600. I went out and bought the latest issue today but it seems to be the February issue which doesn't seem to be the right one!! Has anybody read that article and if so, could you give me a rough idea how its possible to get such great value!!!

Also, does anybody know where any great deals for digital camcorders are and/or where to get any second hand.

I think I'd want a semi-professional camera, as a beginners camera would probably end up feeling too limited for me. I'm looking at around the £1000 mark but so far the 'decent' cameras seem to be around £1500. Size isn't as much an issue, its pridominantly image quality and features that I'm after. Great optical zoom is obviously a huge bonus as well, and I don't care about digital 'zoom'.

If anybody could help me, I would be very appreciative!!!

Kind Regards & Seasons Greetings to you all!!

Phil Hellary

2. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    although beyond my price range, the Canon XM-1 looks to be a good cam. It has a 20x optical zoom which is higher than most in that price range.(around £1500)
    Obviously the more you are prepared to spend the better the spec. of cam becomes.
    Sony have some good cams in around £2000.

3. spanky2k

spanky2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Thanks!!!

I've done a bit of snooping around and I've managed to find a brand new Canon XM-2 for £1485, which seems like a fantastic deal. Has anybody seen any better??

Looks like I'll be going to Egypt in February so I may well get this baby next month to start playing with it!!! Looks like an amazing camera!!!