1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any experience with the Tannoy Sensys or Eyris DC?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by xsound, Feb 18, 2005.

1. xsound

xsound

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just checking to see what experience people have had with either of these Tannoy speakers. Possibly the Sensys DC2, or the Eyris DC3. Thanks for any input.

x

2. univox

univox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I cured my DC2!It seemed,that they don't reproduced lo mids,a drop arround 300 Hz.After hours of listening, I note that booming bass and it made me think about the resonsnces inside the boxes.Yesterday evening I ripped my speakers.Trough the hole for the terminals I stuffed the existing sound absorbing material to the upper side of the box and made it stiffer around the bass speaker.The bass reflex ports I, of course, have closed.In result I obtain at last the stiffer bass closer to my taste and the drop in practice disappeared.My explanation is,that mofe sound absorbing filling kills undesired low frequency resonances and lowers the interferentions between the bass and mid/bass speakers (placed in a common cavity) ,which causes this unpleasant drop. Maybe if I add more filling it could lead to further improvement,will see. I haven't listen long enough to the "improved" speakers, but at this moment I concider Tannoy Sensys DC2 as "best buy".Wish you success.