Any exist yet?

don-noledge

Standard Member
Hi guys,

I'm looking to sell my Humax 9200 PVR and upgrade - but want one that can recieve freesat hd, upscale normal sd to 1080i via hdmi and have a hard drive for recording - such a device exist yet?

Hal_loe

Novice Member
The only model due for release at arround Christmas time is the Humax Foxsat HDR. However it was originally penned in for an autumn release so might slip again.

More details can be found on this page HERE

Hope that helps.

don-noledge

Standard Member
Thanks for the info! Im annoyed though that you can't get Freeview and Freesat on the same box, as this way id have to keep my current Humax to record Freeview. Theres not alot I watch on the channels that Freesat doesn't have, its just annoying. Oh well, may have to make a purchase... :)

creddish

Novice Member
Thanks for the info! Im annoyed though that you can't get Freeview and Freesat on the same box, as this way id have to keep my current Humax to record Freeview. Theres not alot I watch on the channels that Freesat doesn't have, its just annoying. Oh well, may have to make a purchase... :)
I doubt there would be much demand for such a system. The cost would be significantly greater than a unit with just Freeview or just Freesat. The user interface would be more complex. I think most users would initially get either Freeview or Freesat first and then if they decide they want both would buy another box for the second choice so this would be less expensive that buying a combined unit even if one was available.

Colin

nvingo

Thanks for the info! Im annoyed though that you can't get Freeview and Freesat on the same box..
This MVision receiver comes close (FTA - not Freesat, and DVB-T - not Freeview) with a USB socket for PVR/recording functions. Apparently can only receive one channel at any time, so recording limited to what's being viewed.
At twice the price there is an HD version (won't be UK DVB-T2 Freeview HD though) which will have PVR function by future firmware upgrade.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom