Any European here got the Denon 2200??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Fingolfin, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again!
    I'm just wondering if any of you have got the Denon 2200 yet.
    As I posted in my other thread I have a problem with the Scart connection in RGB mode with faint and too bright picture.
    If any of you have got the 2200 and could please test it in this mode I would greatly appreciate it!!!
    I need to see whether my player is faulty or not in order to send it back and have it replaced with a new one!

Thanks in advance!

Fingolfin!

2. toninho

toninho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fingolfin,

Any news? I'm waiting for a 2200 and I'm a little concerned about the SCART RGB you describe. I'm planning on using this connection to connect my TV.

Cheers,

Toninho

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Toninho!
    I've read a post from a Danish guy who saw the Denon 2200 at a shop connected to a tv via Scart cable in RGB mode and he confirmed the player didn't have the issue mine has!
    I also connected the shop and they too confirmed it must be a problem with my player! I'm so unlucky! :(
    Lemme know how you like yours when you get it!

Enjoy!
    Fingolfin

4. toninho

toninho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read in an online review that the picture adjustements in 2900 don't have any effects in the image when driven by the SCART connector, so maybe the problem you reffer also exists on the 2900. I'll let you know what I find out.

Cheers,

T.

5. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey Toninho!
    Thank you very much for your info!
    Still I have that issue via RGB hehe
    I hope they'll replace my player or fix it soon!

Cheers!
    Fingolfin

6. toninho

toninho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody with the european version of the 2200 check if the picture adjustements have no control over the image driven by the SCART connector.

Fingolfin, if you get your dvd replaced, please let us know if the new unit performes better. Btw, is the image using SCART THAT much different from the component or the svideo connector?

Cheers,

T.

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello again Toninho!
    Even if the image is too bright I think the picture quality via SCART in RGB mode is awesome. I tested it with my vpj too (SCART and component) but I must say the Panny 300 SCART input isn't so good so I can't blame the Denon 2200 for this.
    From what I could see it was good tho! I still think component connection is the best choice if you have a vpj then, let alone when you use it in progressive mode!

Take care
    Fingolfin

8. toninho

toninho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't you connect the component connectors to a TV through a SCART as an RGB connection? I saw a cable from IXSO?! that had three rca connectors to connect to a component out and a RGB SCART on the other side (no audio though). Will this work with the 2200 and a TV with a "normal" RGB SCART entry?

Cheers,

T.

9. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello again!
    I'm not sure of that as I've never seen this cable you say!
    I saw a converter from component to VGA though! That should be interesting too!

Fingolfin

10. toninho

toninho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. toninho

toninho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fingolfin,

Did you have your DVD replaced? Any news from Denon regarding this issue?

Cheers,
    T.

12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!
    I still haven't got my DVD replaced. The store where I've got it has sent me some stickers to put on the box for courier free pick-up. Being the mail service so slow, I hope I will get them this week. As for the issue seems like I was unlucky, as I expected anyway. Another guy from Denmark saw the 2200 connected via SCART in RGB mode and said the picture was perfect.
    Seems like it's the RGB card that is faulty on mine. The store is gonna send my dvd player to Denon Germany and, if authorized, will replace the dvd player directly, otherwise they will fix it and send it back.

Take care!
    Fingolfin