Any DVD recorders with hard drive and HDMI?

M

MarcoSpain

Hi,

I'm just about to buy a Samsung PS42S5H plasma and desperately want to find a DVD recorder with hard drive and HDMI but can't find any at a reasonable price...

Want to spend about £400 max.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Marco

Assume from your name that you're in Spain.....
Sony RDR-HX910 listed at €599 on Pixmania and Redcoon sites. Depending on the exchange rate you use, that's only a few £ above your budget.

Hang on a moment. Not absolutely sure if the European 910 does have HDMI :oops:

I have also been waiting for a hard disk recorder with HDMI on it. Anyone no for sure if the new sony 910 will have the hdmi?

Thanks

oaker99 said:
I have also been waiting for a hard disk recorder with HDMI on it. Anyone no for sure if the new sony 910 will have the hdmi?

Thanks

No mention of it in the Sony user guide for 710, 910, or 1010. Sorry & all that. There's always another year, another model, so wait. Like built in Freeview, they just don't want to give it to you all at once. :thumbsdow

Sony don't think has HDMI, and LD doesn't seem to be available in Europe...

If I give up the HDD, any DVD recorders with HDMI? The only one I've found is the Samsung DVD-R125 but a few people on here have said they don't rate the HDMI and can't tell the difference with a standard connection...

Any other ideas?

That's awesome - thanks mate!

Now I wonder if anyone has one and if its any good... I'll do a search on here.

Hitachi are about to release one

Model DV-DS161

161G HD disk drive + HDMI.

Should be within budget

MarcoSpain said:
Sony don't think has HDMI, and LD doesn't seem to be available in Europe...

If I give up the HDD, any DVD recorders with HDMI? The only one I've found is the Samsung DVD-R125 but a few people on here have said they don't rate the HDMI and can't tell the difference with a standard connection...

Any other ideas?
This months Home Cinema choice has a review on the 910 and it does have HDMI and freeview tuner

Alan A said:
This months Home Cinema choice has a review on the 910 and it does have HDMI and freeview tuner

How much is it Alan?

Jay

Looks like a few options are emerging, BUT my big question now is do they all upscale the DVDs?

Because the LG RH7800h does have HDMI and HD but it DOES NOT upscale...

Does the Sony 910, or the new Philips upscale???

Alan A said:
they reckon MSRP of £700

and looks to be about £550 online.

I'm excited by this, I can chop in my Denon 1910 and Tosh XS32 and just have one machine.

Question though : is it likely to allow RGB passthrough when off then default to HDMI when on?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom