Any DPD delivery drivers in?

Parcel due today, got my timeslot, app says driver will be there in 30 mins, then says you're next.

Then I get a message saying they couldn't deliver as I wasn't in, which I was.

It was being delivered to one of my rental properties. The driver turned up at the back door (this confuses a lot of people as it doesn't have a buzzer) takes a photo of the door which includes quite clearly a sign that states.

This is the back door.
Visitor and delivery buzzer access is around the other side of the property.

Ignores sign completely and gets back in his van and drives off. I can even read the sign in the crappy pic DPD send you.

Usually DPD are decent for me but this is ridiculous. Just a waste of both our times as he'll have to come back for the sake of walking 50ft.

Half-day off work for me. I can think of better ways to spend it.

Tenant has to spend the weekend with no working washing machine with a 2-year old, it went phut on Tuesday. She's not happy.

I said I'd take her washing or she could pop around to mine, but she's really not happy (quite an angry woman, I try to avoid her)

Half-day off work for me. I can think of better ways to spend it.

Tenant has to spend the weekend with no working washing machine with a 2-year old, it went phut on Tuesday. She's not happy.

I said I'd take her washing or she could pop around to mine, but she's really not happy (quite an angry woman, I try to avoid her)
She doesn’t want you going through her smalls :laugh:

She doesn’t want you going through her smalls :laugh:

I'm sorry Steve.... are you trying to suggest something untoward?

I'm quite busy today with all my other tenants washing as I seem to have a spate of broken washing machines at the moment and barely have time to type, nevermind respond to puerile allegations.

img_3504.jpg

:eek:

I'm sorry Steve.... are you trying to suggest something untoward?

I'm quite busy today with all my other tenants washing as I seem to have a spate of broken washing machines at the moment and barely have time to type, nevermind respond to puerile allegations.

View attachment 1200128

:eek:
Oh no. Now I understand why you wear a balaclava.

Balaclava was in the washing machine and I needed something to fill in.

*- Picture is off google, it's not me.
You wouldn't catch me doing something like that on camera.
It's a big disgusting, He's using a Mac for god's sake. Filthy animal (PC FTW)

Last edited:
I use the DPD app and I always track the driver when I am home and waiting during my time slot. What grates is that they criss cross my area several times, sometimes very close to me and then away again. Don’t know how they work out their delivery numbering... at least they usually deliver okay.

When they delivered my new Dali speakers they carried the 3 boxes and I was not impressed at how roughly they handled them, all 3 boxes had minor damage on corners. I had a moan at him but he just claimed it was like that when he got it on the van... BS! At least the chap who delivered my AVR used a trolley. All depends on the driver you get.

Had a nightmare with DPD the other week - first failed delivery attempt was fine as I knew I wasn't going to be home and spoke to the driver (let's call him Dave), all was fine - he takes a picture of the entrance for auditing purposes. Dave is the delivery driver for the following day (I'm home all day) but can't find my address, marks it as undelivered and takes a picture of a completely different block. Go figure.

Get in touch with CS who are no help at all, blaming me for not being home and that I should attempt a collection from the depot, which isn't the closest one to me nor is it really reachable without a car.

Fortunately at the point of escalation my contact understands the frustrations and advises they'll deliver at a date/time suitable to me. I specify a pre 10:30 for the Friday and my brother-in-law is home to take delivery. But it's not my parcel, it's a box of chocolates as an apology. My actual delivery turns up at 11:20, delivered by Dave.

I really do not understand how the Amazon drivers get allocated as I never seem to have the same one twice. When I did delivery I was responsible for an area, the Borde4s of Scotland and I got to know this quite large area very well in fact I could get round quicker than the young lads that used Satnav when I was off.
But my point is I knew my area which meant faster deliveries in the main.

Don't Amazon sub-contract?

Most of the delivery drivers around here drive plain white lwb vans. I've only ever had a handful of deliveries where the van had a logo on the side.

Don't Amazon sub-contract?

Most of the delivery drivers around here drive plain white lwb vans. I've only ever had a handful of deliveries where the van had a logo on the side.
Probably but that still does not explain the reasoning of not having a regular driver who will know his area. Oh and it was a large east European girl tonight.

I have LOTS of times where a delivery hasn't even been attempted and a card put through the door (whilst I've taken time off and am on the other side waiting for it). I've even caught them red handed as they've tried to drive away at which point they admitted the parcel was at the depot all along :mad:.
Interestingly 99% of the time it's only Royal Mail who do this to me.

Re: DPD, received my sub via DPD the other day....driver on time for delivery but I think somewhere the box had been dropped as the item was badly damaged on arrival:

IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG

Accessories packed at back sub but manual placed over grill in front (in the box) so whatever hit the grill, creased the manual too. It was actually the state of the manual that initially made me think it was 2nd hand....
....until seller told me to take a photo of the box, which actually doesn't look that bad until you notice a small tear in it roughly around the grill face area and a foot print on the top:

IMG_0290.JPG

After seeing this, seller arranged for an exchange (also done by DPD who dropped off a new one and picked up the damaged one). Interestingly, delivery bloke didn't let me check the item first even after I explained why the exchange was happening - I had to sign for it first and "take it up with them later if there was a problem". I always assumed you could check items first and refuse to accept them if they were damaged?
I hope the seller gets compensated for it from DPD (I presume shipping is tracked and insured).
Another thing that sets them apart is that DPD also sent a prior notification but I had no way of altering the timing/delivery slot whereas UPS/DHL/Hermes etc at least give me that option with their parcels :confused:.

I've never had to claim for compensation from a courier, but I'm sure I heard / read (on a forum) even the manufacturers packaging isn't deemed good enough to make a claim against when an item is broken... :(

I hope the seller gets compensated for it from DPD (I presume shipping is tracked and insured).

Possibly not. Insurance almost doubles the cost of shipping, plus you don't get the full amount back and claiming is a hassle.

We've worked out that over the course of a year, cost of the odd damaged item nowhere near adds up to what the insurance would have come to.

As suggested above, the only way to properly protect stuff is to double-pack it, but this often isn't practical for bigger items.

That looks like pretty poor packaging to be honest. How much clearance was there between the speaker grille and the box? Not helped of course by the design of the grille where it stands proud. I'd say that's very vulnerable.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom