any diy masking on 16x9 projection screens

mr gothic

Prominent Member
hi

anybody done anysort of diy masking for other ratios on their 16x9 projection screens
any pictures or tips how you have done the masking
thank you

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
Moved to PJ screens :)

Just about to have something made :D

I will post pictures when installed. It will be removable alloy formed bars, that will remain in place until I watch a 1.85 format film then removed (hopefully singlehandedly and quickly) I will cover with a sticky backed velvet or Felt :smashin:

mr gothic

Prominent Member
Just about to have something made :D

I will post pictures when installed. It will be removable alloy formed bars, that will remain in place until I watch a 1.85 format film then removed (hopefully singlehandedly and quickly) I will cover with a sticky backed velvet or Felt :smashin:

thank you
i will look forward to the pictures and method you use

cheers
gary

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
thank you
i will look forward to the pictures and method you use

cheers
gary

The drawings are all done, a price agreed and it should be ready Tuesday, can't wait. It should look very neat and provide accurate, totally rigid masking 5mm away from the screen. Looking for self adhesive black trim (I have used self adhesive felt before, ordered some self adhesive velveteen material, I hope it is close to the Carada black hole trim)

mr gothic

Prominent Member
The drawings are all done, a price agreed and it should be ready Tuesday, can't wait. It should look very neat and provide accurate, totally rigid masking 5mm away from the screen. Looking for self adhesive black trim (I have used self adhesive felt before, ordered some self adhesive velveteen material, I hope it is close to the Carada black hole trim)

hi iwc

sounds really good and you have that big screen so all screen formats will look good and big sadly i can only go to a 92" screen size,ive not got the width to go true cinemascope only poormans version
looking forward to the result,have you seen the home cinemas on the us avs sites with cinemascope they are truely brilliant

cheers
gary

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
hi iwc

sounds really good and you have that big screen so all screen formats will look good and big sadly i can only go to a 92" screen size,ive not got the width to go true cinemascope only poormans version
looking forward to the result,have you seen the home cinemas on the us avs sites with cinemascope they are truely brilliant

cheers
gary

If I was a rich man I would buy the Carada Masquarade system, look awesome !

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member

Baggy

Established Member
If I was a rich man I would buy the Carada Masquarade system, look awesome !

If I was rich I'd buy the SMX ProMaskCurv because it CIH.

Johnny.G

Established Member
If i was rich i would buy the local Odeon screen 1. :thumbsup:

fortean

Established Member

The latest video from AVForums

Sony A84L/A80L BRAVIA XR OLED TV Review - COMPARED to LG C3, Samsung QD-OLED & LG G3
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom