• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Any discreet surround recommendations to replace M&K M4T?

abr1

I have a pair of M&K M4T tripole speakers as surrounds, used in 5.1 with PMC Twenty5 22 L/R and a Twenty 22 centre. My other half is complaining about the unsightly M&Ks, partly as the wall is being painted a darker colour and the M&Ks are white, partly as they just stick out too much.

I may look for a black pair as a compromise, but thought I'd ask first if anyone recommends any good but more discrete surrounds?

The speakers are mounted on the wall and reasonably high up and would probably need to stay in a similar spot.

Harkon321

M&K M4T tripole speakers in black? :D

Seriously Ltd

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Consider the new M&K M40T Tripoles. These are much slimmer and more aesthetically pleasing than the M4T’s that they replace.
They are also a better speaker with redesigned drivers and electronics.
we have them on demonstration in our Hertfordshire showrooms if you would like to see them
8444E7F3-0972-4849-9737-A30638A22E7E.jpeg

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Kef 206ds. Do special order in fluorescent yellow.

abr1

Consider the new M&K M40T Tripoles. These are much slimmer and more aesthetically pleasing than the M4T’s that they replace.
They are also a better speaker with redesigned drivers and electronics.
we have them on demonstration in our Hertfordshire showrooms if you would like to see them
Thanks - you already suggested me these by email :). Am considering them, but may try some black M4Ts first as those M40Ts are quite pricey (as indeed the M4Ts were in their time).

abr1

Hi, thanks for your post, not any longer I'm afraid. They are now in a different house on a white wall!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom