• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question any difference ?

vic106

Established Member
hi
after building my own speaker stands i find myself wondering if there is any difference between the following products
Fisual Round Self Adhesive Isolation Pads For Audio Equipment.
priced at £ 8.49 for a pack of four.
or just plain old rubber feet priced at £ 3.00 for 40

both item of similar size approx 10mm high 30mm dia both made from rubber, any thoughts ?

D

Deleted member 39241

I use a lot of cheap rubber feet or doorsteps in my set-ups to create air gaps and isolation between and underneath various components.

I've never used the fisual pads. I am guessing that they are softer, so would possibly be a bit more flexible and absorbing?

It depends what you are trying to achieve as to which solution would be appropriate.

gibbsy

I use the Fisual pads under my KEF R Series speakers which are mounted on my cabinet. I get no resonance from the cabinet, which itself is of a very heavy build quality. Wether or not they enhance or protect audio performance in such a position I don't know as they were fitted the day the speakers arrived. It's something I've always done. Looks nicer than blutac.

Dolus

Prominent Member
hi
after building my own speaker stands i find myself wondering if there is any difference between the following products
Fisual Round Self Adhesive Isolation Pads For Audio Equipment.
priced at £ 8.49 for a pack of four.
or just plain old rubber feet priced at £ 3.00 for 40

both item of similar size approx 10mm high 30mm dia both made from rubber, any thoughts ?

It always helps if you post links to the product so people know exactly what they are. ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-Round-Adhesive-Isolation-Equipment/dp/B00856PCC2

40pcs Self Adhesive Rubber Feet Bumper Door Buffer Stop Leg Pad Non Slip Black | eBay

vic106

Established Member
thanks for your feedback guys guess it's a suck it and see situation will try the cheap rubber feet for starters see what my new speaker system sounds like (monitor bronze 2 5.1 setup) although , as these are new speakers (and new to me) i guess it will take a while to tell if i am happy ....
p.s. in original post i forgot to post links to different feet sorry

DrH

Prominent Member
I have the Fisual Isolation pads between all my speakers and whatever they are resting on.
The front pair on stands. The centre speaker on my AV stand. My surrounds against the walls. I had used blutack before on the front pair at least. The pads seem are a more elegant solution.
No experience with rubber pads to compare.

D1gita1

Established Member
The fisual pads are ideal and will suit any audio application. I cant speak for any alternatives. I don't think £9 is a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. I used to work for the company that sells them so used to use them all the time.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom