Any DFS sofa owners ever used their stain treatment offer when purchasing?

brad123

Purchased a sofa from DFS now being built. They have offered a stain treatment plan on it for £145, just wondered if anyone else had taking this up and if it works and is worth it, thanks.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Sorry, have never bought from them, but would imagine the T&C's would need to be fine checked by a legal expert ;)

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I suspect this is just an expensive add on which the salesman will make commission on much like the extended warranties scam.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Couple of cans of Scotchguard (~£15), 20 mins and some open windows.

Same result. It's pretty much what Mr.Fraggle said.

Company makes a huge markup on it and the salesman will get a nice commission bonus. Same as all the add-ons in a car dealer that are either crap (paint-protect badly applied by some guy on min wage with a huge margin on it) or over-priced (GAP, tyre insurance etc)

Bubblin

Any stains, they just send you a stain removal spray, if that doesn't work they try to send someone round, but you have to prove the stain isn't made of paprika, wine and about a million other compounds,

Some sofas aren't even scotch guarded anymore, it's purely an insurance policy for removable stains nothing else.

IronGiant

You can still buy it on Amazon and at John Lewis. You might want to avoid it you have a baby that might suck on the cushions.

lowmans100

My mother bought the treatment plan with a different furniture company and used it when the leather stain faded on the seat areas with normal use and one of my kids put a couple of scratches in it. A firm came out and stained the leather and fixed the scratches. The cost to get this done directly would have been less than the plan price assuming she only called them out once.

I have never bothered, by the time the interest free repayment plan is paid up I'm ready for new sofas!

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
About 15 years ago I bought a leather sofa from DFS, and it got ripped when the delivery guys tried to fit it through the doorway (bugs me how many sofas these days don't have removable cushions as that would have prevented that issue, but I digress...)

They sent someone around to repair it. It was an 'ok' job, but I know it was there and it bugged me so much during the 3 years I had it that when I moved out of the 2nd place I had it (rented) I just left it behind. (which the owners consented to, free sofa).

Puntoboy

About 15 years ago I bought a leather sofa from DFS, and it got ripped when the delivery guys tried to fit it through the doorway (bugs me how many sofas these days don't have removable cushions as that would have prevented that issue, but I digress...)

They sent someone around to repair it. It was an 'ok' job, but I know it was there and it bugged me so much during the 3 years I had it that when I moved out of the 2nd place I had it (rented) I just left it behind. (which the owners consented to, free sofa).
You were very understanding. I would have asked for a full replacement on a brand new sofa rather than a repair.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
i treated mine with the same stuff i did my car seats with (gtechniq smart fabric on one and Carbon collective repel on current)..... dont have any issues with it but definitely windows open job - on last one we were away for a weekend so were able to just leave it.

Does it work - im confident it will but as yet not had any major spillages outside the occasional dog slobber :D