1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any developments on Short(er) throw lenses for SIM2's?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dealmaker, Apr 26, 2004.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys,

My Sony VPL VW 10HT, whilst still a very nice PJ, is getting old in the tooth.

I am still keen to join the SIM2 owners club - just limited by the length of my room and the throw of the standard lenses.

My budget precludes the three chip version! - so I'm just wondering if there have been (or will be!) any developments in making short throw lens options available for the HT300 series?

I have an 8ft screen (which I dont want to change) and a maximum available distance screen:lens of 4000mm = throw ratio of 1.64

Ideally I'd like a PJ with a HD2+ chip, seven segment colour wheel and HDMI inputs.

Thanks

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have heard no news of any shorter throw lenses for their single chip projectors.
    If there are any developments on this front I am sure Alan will post any info.

Jeff

3. dealmaker

dealmaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jeff,

Sorry to drag this up again - but I feel it's an important issue.

Does the short throw lens from the HT500 fit the 300 chassis??

If so then this might be something I'd consider - just imagine it, a HT300 Link with Short Throw High Quality lens! You'd sell loads!:smashin:

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The Minolta lens series designed for the HT500 3 chipper are not compatible with the Fujinon lenses used on the Domino and 300 ranges of Sim2 projectors.
    I too wish there was a shorter throw option but alas there isn't at present.

Jeff :rtfm: