1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any demo rooms for panny pj in Eire?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by markbro, Sep 25, 2003.

1. markbro

markbro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Complete novice to all things projector related, although from this forum it seems that a panny 200/300 would be a sensible choice. I'm living in southern Ireland and was wondering if there is anywhere that the pannys can be demo'd? Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping to purchase in time for Christmas.

Thanks.....

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome to the forums.

I know that Alliance Electric, South Gt. Georges St. in Dublin usually have an AE200 on demo - haven't seen an AE300 there - you could give them a shout and see.

McGahon O'Neill are in Dundalk - you should be able to see an AE300 there (and lots of other juicy PJs.)

Sean G.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi & welcome.

Hmmmmm Co. Limerick......interesting ;) Could possibly recommend somewhere to demo a HS10 :eek:

:)

4. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Might be worth a call to O'Callaghans in Cork, they have a demo room in back which had an AE100 last year so they've
    probably upgraded. They're in the phonebook, ask for Gavin, he's the home cinema guy.

5. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I think that you would be better off seeing projectors setup in peoples homes. Any pj I demoed in a shop was absolutely beyond usless as far as judging the quality was concerned. Conditions were, in a word, laughable. Poor sources, rooms bright as Bray beach on a sunny afternoon etc.

I'm sure that you will get offers here.

Allow me to be the first. I know of one member here with a HS10 in Limerick but if that doesn't work out you are welcome to see my HS10 from HTPC in Co. Tipp.

Good Luck

Conor

6. markbro

markbro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for your replies, at least I now know where I can check out some pjs even if the environment isn't the best. Also Comer I appreciate your offer.

Mark.

7. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    It was easy to offer when I knew you could demo a HS10 alot closer to home:D

But really, you would of course still have been made very welcome if I was a little more convienent to you...anyway I love an excuse to show off my toys:D

Conor

8. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Why did you mention Bray Beach Comer? Was that a hint as to where he might find an AE300 owner and when did I ever let out where I li...............................

Still haven't had any visitors :sad: Kramer was in contact a while ago about poping in. Turns out it was the one week in the last 2 years that it wasn't convenient for me :rolleyes: I wanted to convince him first hand that all this HTPC stuff was all in his mind and that my PS2 gave as good an image as any HTPC. Maybe another time!

:D :D