• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any 'decent' Mid-Range players for SD?

aniki

Established Member
Ok folks,
Well as per my comments on the Denon 1930 thread I'm kind of finding myself in a predicament as to whether I should look for another DVD player or just stick with what Ive got for now.
I'm using a £70 Philips through my plasma as Ifind the USB connectivity really useful. Although I get a stunning picture from the Philips, I felt I should really get something better to do justice to the screen. Also because most of my DVD collection will probably never make it to a HD format.
The Denon was a total disappointment and in my opinion produced a worse, dull, lifeless picture than the Philips.
-
So I guess my question is, is there a player better than budget that can offer noticeable benefits without going into the realms of the Arcam dv79?
Or is an external processor the answer?
Or do Ijust stick with the cheapy and continue to be more than happy with the results Ive got?
-
Any help appreciated.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom