• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

any decent 1080p screens?

andyr300

anyone found a decent 1080p screen yet to use with an HTPC, im gettin annoyed having to use one screen for videos and one screen for everything else,would be way better if i just had one big high res screen for all my PC and HTPC usage.

andyr300

ive seen the sharp, and thought the picture very fuzzy looking compared to my plasma :(

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
With respect, given that your plasma has a resolution of 852 x 480 it seems unlikely a 1920 x 1080 screen could be 'fuzzier'! Obviously the input source will make a massive difference.

I'm going to save my pennies until 1080 LCD TVs get a bit cheaper. They seem the obvious choice for a HTPC.

andyr300

wen i say fuzzy i mean it just wasnt as crisp,even with all the extra pixels.that was just comparing a freeview source though.on the plus side,blacks were much deeper.

id love to get them side by side.but as above i am awaiting a slightly cheaper LCD to test it all out on :)

bigtim

wen i say fuzzy i mean it just wasnt as crisp,even with all the extra pixels.that was just comparing a freeview source though.on the plus side,blacks were much deeper.

id love to get them side by side.but as above i am awaiting a slightly cheaper LCD to test it all out on :)

Well, that's because the freeview was being *up*scaled instead of *down*scaled as all TV is on your plasma.

The desktop *should* have been perfectly crisp if it was set up right. The freeview pic could be seriously improved with proper tweaks and a decent Mpeg2 decoder too.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom