Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Any cure for TV-induced speaker buzz?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by lungfish, Sep 9, 2002.

1. lungfish

lungfish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV (a Panasonic TX28DK1) is causing an annoying buzzing noise from my centre speaker (a Mission Diamond 8 centre parked on top of the TV). It's definitely the TV, since the noise stops when the TV is switched off. Interestingly, the buzz stays if I disconnect the speaker cable, but goes away if I also take off the bi-wiring links on the speaker. Not that either of those are much use. All discussed at length in this thread.

My options seem to be:
    1. Get the TV fixed, if possible. I bought it used from a colleague, including an extended warranty that's in the process of transferring to me. So I should be able to get it looked at without paying through the nose for it.
    2. Move the speaker to a less than ideal location (such as the bottom shelf of the TV stand), far enough from the TV for the buzz to disappear.
    3. Change the TV and/or speakers, both of which I'd like to avoid if at all possible.
      [/list=1]
      Regarding getting the TV fixed, does anyone care to guess what might be wrong with it (so I sound like less of a total muppet when I call them) or whether it sounds like something that can even be fixed? It might just be a 'feature' of the set, I guess...

If there's any miracle cure for this kind of interference, I'd love to hear about that too :)

Many thanks in advance,

Scott