Any cure for TV-induced speaker buzz?

lungfish

Standard Member
My TV (a Panasonic TX28DK1) is causing an annoying buzzing noise from my centre speaker (a Mission Diamond 8 centre parked on top of the TV). It's definitely the TV, since the noise stops when the TV is switched off. Interestingly, the buzz stays if I disconnect the speaker cable, but goes away if I also take off the bi-wiring links on the speaker. Not that either of those are much use. All discussed at length in this thread.

My options seem to be:
  1. Get the TV fixed, if possible. I bought it used from a colleague, including an extended warranty that's in the process of transferring to me. So I should be able to get it looked at without paying through the nose for it.
  2. Move the speaker to a less than ideal location (such as the bottom shelf of the TV stand), far enough from the TV for the buzz to disappear.
  3. Change the TV and/or speakers, both of which I'd like to avoid if at all possible.
    [/list=1]
    Regarding getting the TV fixed, does anyone care to guess what might be wrong with it (so I sound like less of a total muppet when I call them) or whether it sounds like something that can even be fixed? It might just be a 'feature' of the set, I guess...

If there's any miracle cure for this kind of interference, I'd love to hear about that too :)

Many thanks in advance,

Scott

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom