any codders getting counterstrike global ops

willywinker

Prominent Member
Reaction score
comes out on psn a week today for 15 quid i believe. Not played cs for years but it holds the fondest memories of any fps i have played. no regenerating health no perks or killstreaks no commando lunge and as soundburst keeps pointing out no aiming down sights. There will be interest in it but not from the kids as it really wont be there game.

Just hope it ports ok to console

I suppose thats 80 nubs that wont be getting it.

I'm patiently waiting,,, if its as good as the original I doubt ill be playing Cod again for a long time
CS source ported OK"ish" to console so hopefully it will be a success, if not i'll just have to dust off the PC..

comes out on psn a week today for 15 quid i believe. Not played cs for years but it holds the fondest memories of any fps i have played. no regenerating health no perks or killstreaks no commando lunge and as soundburst keeps pointing out no aiming down sights. There will be interest in it but not from the kids as it really wont be there game.

Just hope it ports ok to console

Sounds cheap for such a game but not being able to aim down sights puts me off big time - won't be getting.

:thumbsdow

Ive been playing the beta and whilst it's still a good game I'm absolutely out of my depth on the pc now. Ive sunk a good few hours into it and I'm struggling to adapt back to it. I will still get it but as I don't have much gaming time these days I doubt I will be able to get back into it like the old days.

Think Bonta will be getting this. Let me know how it plays and I'll look to get it since I've never played CS before.

I won't be getting it. 4 kids has really killed my gaming time. I still have 4 games to play/beat and then Diablo to beat on the harder difficulties at least once with my monk.

Not to mention my PC's are still trying to invent the wheel.

I'll probably Redbox it for a dollar for the weekend when it comes out. If it keeps my attention I'll go snag it for keepers.

I'll be getting this for sure, just don't know if i'll buy for the PC though. I've a 3 year old sony laptop and thought the specs for this game might make it playable on my laptop (BFBC2 was a non starter).

Don't really need another fps game for the PS3 as BF3 covers those needs, but I like the idea of a cheap and simple style fps game on the PS3 like the BF 1943

Looks good that I might have to give it a go. Not played any online FPS since about March so would be good to try something soon, I'm getting the itch.

Problem I have is what platform to get it on, I wouldn't mind it on the PS3 if only I could get some other lads to get it but the 5v5 isn't as appealing as it sounds. One of the great things about CS was the big numbers and chaos that ensued with it.
But not sure I'll have time to really play it on the PC or PS3 for that matter with GW2 looming over the horizon.

Actually jumped on CS:S for abit recently, still love the P90 rushing, it's the most amazing thing if your lucky enough to pull it off or just faceplam and laugh if you fail miserably at it:laugh:

I do think I'd like to get away from COD for awhile but just not sure I'd find time to play CS:GO.

Cool a bit of interest ateast

Here is the cinematic trailer

watches like a game of cs plays

i think its the 21st which is tuesday

Just read that PC gets it today it'll be on PSN & XBL tomorrow....

So the US accounts have already got this game (yesterday).

Was watching a few streams last night and it looks really good. Looks like there is going to be quite a steep learning curve but I can't wait to have a few games this evening.

Anyone that has never played it and say mainly just played cod then yes you will get absolutely hammered on it if you play it on the pc. As for consoles well it might not be as bad as everyone will be using a pad.

Ive had to knock it on the head now. Ive sunk some hours into the pc beta but i just cant get back into it these days and im getting my ass kicked in every single game. I dont have the time to commit to getting my old skills back so im going to officially retire from CS and remember the good old days on it instead! :D

:confused:My **** auto downloaded this today? Free game?:confused:

Nevermind PS+ users get it auto downloaded and free 60 minute full game demo...

i was meant to tell you about that

i was meant to tell you about that

LOL. Already burned through my hour....here is what I can say.

If you are wanting a shooter and have no shooters on your line up until the next COD, get this game. You will easily get your money out of it and its fast paced, enjoyable and I didn't hear any screaming kids. Maps are great, game play is solid (no ADS, except snipers), takes a bit getting used to if you are coming from COD or BF. Game modes are pretty sweet, big fan of round based TDM (at least thats what it seemed like as no one ever "saved" the hostages). Might be something COD could consider. 2 minute rounds TDM games.

However, if you have any sort of backlog (like me) and are planning on getting any number of new games coming out this fall (like me), you probably won't find time to fully enjoy this game. I'm multiple games backlogged and have 3 weeks or so before Borderlands 2 comes out so I really don't see myself playing this game much.

quality glad you liked it! how big is the download?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom