Any Chance of A DV88 to Dv27 Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matt Horne, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    As conversation about the DV88 has re-awakened I just wondered (maybe John from Arcam can answer) whether it would be possible to part exchange the DV88 and pay the extra for the DV27?? Would any of the current DV88 owners go for it... It looks like a great machine...

I would be very tempted...

Matt

2. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    If I had a progressive scan display, it might be tempting. As it stands however, it is not something I would consider.

As another issue though, whatever has happened to the DVD-A and Progressive upgrades for the DV88?

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The progressive upgrade for the DV88 became available as soon as the DV27 was released.

4. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    To answer these questions -

1) Arcam cannot directly part exchange or swap a DV88 for a DV27 but some of our dealers might. The best thing is to contact your dealer and discuss. Please note that the FMJ range is supplied through a restricted range of dealers - details should be on our website at www.arcam.co.uk .

2) The DV88 may be upgraded to progressive scan for £350, using the same Silicon Image based board as fitted to the DV27. It is also possible to obtain a DV88 factory fitted with the prog scan option for a suggested retail price of £1299.

3) The upgrade to DVD-Audio is progressing (no pun!) more or less to plan. It is too early to release details yet though. My best guess is that it will be available sometime in the second quarter of next year.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

5. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174