Any chance of a 360 Thief game

27WL46

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is anyone aware if there are any plans for a new Thief game for the 360? Loved thief deadly shadows on the xbox, and just been replaying it on the 360. Many a dark night spent scary myself with my own shadow!

Would love to see a new one on the 360!!!

Sort of, there is a game called Asassins Creed by UbiSoft coming out which afaik is like Theif

Sadly Ion Storm has closed its doors so it doesn't look like we'll be getting another Thief game. Very sad as it's one of my favourite franchises and Deadly Shadows in particular was an amazing game.

On the plus side the first two games were by Looking Glass and they closed down as well and they still made another game, so hopefully someone will pick up the rights. Either that or they'll consider the Thief series an unlucky curse and avoid it. Ho-hum.

Like Markoos said, they closed their doors sadly, but the lead developer on the stealth sections worked on them in Oblivion. :)

Thanks for the update guys, am thinking of giving oblivion a try Will be dissapointing if we don;t get a new thief though was playing the cradle level late the other night, scared me absolutley ****less... Anyone know if Assasins Creed is coming out on 360 as i heard it was supposedly going to be a PS3 exclusive?

It will be ps3 and xbox360. not a ps3 exclusive, it maybe on ps3 first but it won't stay that way

Mandark said:
No Thief and no Deus Ex either. Two great franchises finished!
I know what you mean. Thief series was great and so immersive.

Maybe I am a bit old fashioned, but the rise of the mega companies like EA seems to go hand in hand with the demise of the smaller companies, who seem the only ones that want to innovate.

EA just churn so much bland, mass appeal tripe and the gamer from that in the end... (imho of course :) )

Markoos said:
Sadly Ion Storm has closed its doors so it doesn't look like we'll be getting another Thief game. Very sad as it's one of my favourite franchises and Deadly Shadows in particular was an amazing game.

On the plus side the first two games were by Looking Glass and they closed down as well and they still made another game, so hopefully someone will pick up the rights. Either that or they'll consider the Thief series an unlucky curse and avoid it. Ho-hum.
You never know - the Thief and Deus Ex rights are actually held by Eidos if I remember correctly rather than LGT or Ion Storm. Since Eidos farmed out development of the new Tomb Raider game for the latest instalment, perhaps they'll see fit to contract out development of a new Thief game too, ideally to Junction Point Studios so it's back in Warren Spector's hands.

If it's any consolation, Spector is certainly pinning his hopes on Assassin's Guild picking up the Thief mantle so hopefully it will go cross platform :)

If it does do well, and Eidos do still hold the Thief IP, I'd be very surprised if they didn't try and resurrect the franchise to counteract the growing portfolio of stealth games Ubisoft put out each year to massive sales.

I wonder whether the Deus Ex sequel promised after Ion Storm was closed down will ever appear....

As for EA churning out mass appeal tripe (a statement I broadly agree with but there are a few developer gems in there), presumably you've seen BioShock? It's basically System Shock 3 to all intents and purposes. EA own the Shock franchise but would they fund development of Shock 3? Would they nothing... Hence new name, new publisher. There's a danger this thread shifts from being a Thief thread to a "Bring back Looking Glass Technologies" campaign :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom