1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Carry on film fans out there?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Paul Young, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am avid fan of the Classic Carry On Films. I have bought about 7 dvds and watch them more that any other dvds i have got. My favourite actors are kenneth Williams and Charles Hawtery and Kenneth connor. The best films are Up the Khyber,Cleo,matron,dick and camping. The best line are "infamy infamy they all got it infamy ","oh matron take them away".
    The are also great character name such as bugditin, bidet , dr.prod name but a few.

Anyone like to add their best Carry Ons and comments ?

2. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I like Carry On... Follow that Camel and Carry On Cowboy best with such notable names as a prophet called "Mustapha Leek". Bernard Bresslaw, Peter Butterworth and Phil Silvers excel in this film. With Carry on Cowboy, I especially like Sid James as the "Rumpo Kid", Kenneth Williams as "Judge Burke" and Charles Hawtrey As "Big Heap". Very hilarious. I have not bought these DVD's yet but on seeing this thread I shall do so immediately. :D

Update:
    Well, just got Carry on Cowboy and Carry on Screaming. Have not found Follow that Camel yet.:)

3. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey, there dont seem to be many Carry On... fans here.:D

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like Carry On films as they are full of double entendres

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Thats what makes them so good Don.

Some Double Entendres just go right over some peoples heads which makes them even funnier!!

Happens every day here at work!!:D

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love carry on films too. I started watching them when i was about 8 years old. I have 8 on dvd at present but I would like to build up the collection. I laugh my socks off every time i watch them, i like sid james and kenneth williams, i love sids laugh. I think my favourite would have to be carry on camping but it is very difficult to choose because they are all so funny.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    play 247 have got ' carry on follow that camel ' for £7.99.

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    carry on fans. did you know that when they were making the films alot of the time they would fall out and argue and also sid james was drunk alot of the time and he used to fight with kenneth williams. You wouldnt think so watching the films would you?? Just shows what fab actors they were!!

9. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Are you looking for the Black Fingernail?[​IMG]

First saw that with me sis late'ish one Chris[​IMG]tmas Eve and cried with laughter, ah good times:D

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Carry on dont lose your head is brilliant. I havent bought that one yet but it is on my list and at £7.99 at play 247 its not a bad price. I always wonder why carry on camping is so much more expensive than the rest, anybody know why????

I have just ordered Carry on Abroad, my favourite bit is where sid james falls through the patio doors and then says ' they put the bloody glass in '
    My brother and I always laugh till we cry watching the carry on films.
    Bless Peter Rogers and Gerald Thomas for producing and directing them.:D

11. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sarah Liz, Carry on Camping is expensive because this is the only anamorphic disc out of all Carry Ons and with a 50mins documentary and it is from the Carlton company. I was lucky enought to get this for a tenner from HMV in a sale in January of this year. By the way HMV is selling all the Cinema club dvds at £6.99. Check out the carry on site at www.carryonline.com

12. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SARAHLIZ, remember me, your long lost brother from newcastle. Can you remember when we were kids and we were left in the hotel one night while our parents went out for a meal. Carry on Loving came on the tv and you wanted to watch it. Me being such a hard dude did not want to so I took the huff and went to sleep in the bottom bunk while you watched the film in the top bunk. However every time a "RUDE" bit came on you heard me move as I quickly turned over in my bunk to try and catch the good bits. HA HA. great childhood memories for me. I can't believe I had a crush on Peggy from eastenders!!!!!!:D

13. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bro, yes I think I remember you as I only spoke to you on friday ha ha!! Yes I remember watching carry on loving in the hotel room it was so funny, everytime the saxaphone music came on there you were ha ha!!

I have just been watching carry on camping where Anthea is car sick ha ha!! I am hoping carry on abroad will be here tomorrow or tuesday, I may have to buy a bigger dvd cabinet as I am running out of room oops.

see ya bro:D