Any BT engineers here ?

Veni Vidi Vici

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a problem with my BT line. My phone has no dialing tone and I get an engaged tone if I dial it from my mobile. Occasionally when I try it the phone makes something I can only describe as a car alarm sound. Strangely though my broadband connection still works and that is running off an extension line?

My phone is plugged into the BT master socket and I have tried another phone but still no luck. I removed the splitters as well.

BT are sending an engineer as they are picking a fault up on the line but cannot say what's causing it but they did say the car alarm sound could be because of a faulty exchange.

Is it possible for my broadband to work but the phone line not to? Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? We have had very heavy rain, thunder and lightning today but my neighbours phones are all fine.

Remove all filters etc and other equipment, take off the panel from the master socket and plug the phone in there, any difference?

Liam

Remove all filters etc and other equipment, take off the panel from the master socket and plug the phone in there, any difference?

Liam

Nothing. When I'm connected to the net via an extension point in the living room and try and make a call I get bad crackling noise on the handset. When not connected to the net and try the phone I just get a dead line

Nothing. When I'm connected to the net via an extension point in the living room and try and make a call I get bad crackling noise on the handset. When not connected to the net and try the phone I just get a dead line

sounds like maybe one of the wires have come loose in the master socket if you blow into the phone can you hear it in your ear? ( i know it sounds stupid but im serious) :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom