Any body selling a toshiba Mt1 or 3

Walter mitty

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all,
are the folk on here with these models, still delighted with them as i am thinking of getting a tosh MT1 as they are now down to £1700

sorry mate, you just missed out on mine. Replaced it with an MT7, but here's what I think.

With the MT1, the panel is 800 x 600 which sounds poor, but this turns out to be a blessing in disguise. Video hardly needs any scaling to this resolution, so artifacts and interlacing errors are pretty none existent.

With the MT7 which is 1280x720, you have problems with the picture I didn't have with the MT1, such as combing artifacts and grain.

The Mt1 is a brill unit on a grey screen and has more accurate colours than my MT7. The down sides? Contrast is limited, some discs look vague and you can see the chicken wire effect. Not a true 16:9 panel, but its a great unit.

Thanks very much for your help, it sounds a good projector for me since I am haveing to take the LCD route in my lounge untill I am able to convert my loft, then I shall most definately purchase a CRT, hence my questions in another thread asking about the sony....thanks again.
It seems unless you are loaded it`s a nightmare chooseing a decent projector

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom