1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Bikers here?

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by BDCSTENG GARETH, Aug 8, 2005.

1. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    After a year out, Im going to but another bike this week (I hope).

Im looking at a '2000 GSX750F. Any thoughts? Im not looking for a GSXR or R6 kinda bike, but a budget VFR if you get what I mean?

My budget is between £2-3K.

Im getting this with the agreement from my fience and will be aiming to tour a little with it. Im looking into spending out a little for an Autocom Pro 7 sport unit with rider-pillian headsets, music etc. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Gareth. :hiya:

2. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    The GSX750 is not a bad bike for touring or tootling around the country on, but as it was/is a 'budget' Suzuki item it will not like being taken out in the winter, unless you are prepared to clean it after every ride. The fasteners, downpipes, brakes and most bolts will just 'fur-up' and turn to rust very quickly. The engine is bulletproof, though, and you won't get too many problems from that department. On that budget you may be better looking at the Fazer or even a Kawasaki ZRX1100 or 1200.

3. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well, Im prepared with a bucket and sponge!

I got the bike 2 hours after test riding! Bit different from my Deauville V twin I sold last year... :rotfl:

Wow, 750cc on a 4 pot, DOHC... one twist and VVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAA 100MPH :eek:

Any thoughts on Autocoms, or Givi Wing rack 2???

Cheers,

Gareth.