• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any bf1942 dc, bf2, bf2:sf, bf2142 vets playing the ps3 versions??

QBSBuck

Lo, the idea of returning to bf is attractive. Done mw, mw2 and now Blops but I miss the scale of b games. Tried bf1943 and wasn't that impressed. Ended up goin back to cod!

Is bf2 for ps3 better? Any ex pc players convince me i should make the switch?? Is in game coms restricted to your squad? Hope so. I miss teamspeak and living on the same server. Sigh!!

Pocket

Played BF2, clocking over 500 hours from its release over a few accounts. Still play it now and then on a new account (keep forgetting my log-in details!)

1943 is extremely similar to BC2. BC2 is an excellent game, but to me, it is missing that spark that really made BF2 phenomenal. I've only got 30ish hours in BC2 since release, but that is largely due to interest in gaming not being what it use to, as a result of growing up and real life keeping me busy.
Nevertheless, the online is still good fun, which is holding me over until BF3 gets released! Think of it as a taster to what to look forward to in BF2's successor!

if you do decide to get it, add me on PSN and we can try using team work in the game! I do miss team speak + playing online, it made such a big difference. So many fond memories of it.

PSN - Gr3mster1989

oska

It's better than COD imo. I played BF2 a lot, tried COD4 and played it for a few weeks and found it boring online. Missed the vehicles and scale. 1943 was ok but it was only a tenner, I played it more than COD though. BFBC2 is a step up, immense fun and much more team play. With the new map pack and Vietnam add on it's going to be even better.

Mildoo

i used to play BF2 on the pc all the time but the game got ruined by hacks and aimbots etc.

i now play bf 1942 on the ps3 i do like it, but its not as good as BF2, i miss the heli and jets and the overall scale of the maps.

how similar is bf bad company to bf2 i know it as choppers but i dont think it as jets/planes?

Wronghole

i used to play BF2 on the pc all the time but the game got ruined by hacks and aimbots etc.

i now play bf 1942 on the ps3 i do like it, but its not as good as BF2, i miss the heli and jets and the overall scale of the maps.

how similar is bf bad company to bf2 i know it as choppers but i dont think it as jets/planes?

Since map pack 7 they have added couple larger maps which give it the feel of BF2
Vietnam addon is fun too

scatterbug

I loved BF2 on the PC.

I'm not a big PS3 gamer but BF Bad Company2 is the only title I consistently play and enjoy.

BF3 on consoles looks really promising (jets and the prone position return and there may be some commander functionality) so if you are not tempted to jump across now, keep this in mind. The teaser trailer, while very brief, looks fantastic - probably the PC version but the PS3 graphics will no doubt deliver.

Last edited:

QBSBuck

Needless to say I got bf3. Buggy but cool

Yoggo

Having owned BF1942, BF2 and downloaded BF1943 on the PSN I was eagerly awaiting BF3, and so far not dissapointed.

Never been a top player but just enjoy the game, especially Conquest mode as its more of a tactical approach. Got some fairly high rankings in matches without too many kills, just defending flags or assisting which is also nice. Its quite balanced in that you can still do OK even if you are lower ranked.

One of my colleagues has bought it - and I joined him in a game - trouble is he was playing team deathmatch, not my thing really - need to get him to try Conquest or Rush, problem is he's a COD fan so he prefers deathmatch.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom