Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Any Beovision 7 owners out there?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Stewarty, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Stewarty

Stewarty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any owners of the new BV7 from Bang & Olufsen out there?

I would be grateful for your views on the new B&O LCD. I 've heard a lot of discussion about the design's pro's & con's. Being quite new to the forum, I've noted that B&O products are rarely discussed or reviewed on the forum (Probably due to B&O prices) :hiya:

2. Mark H99

Mark H99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My father in law has a beovision set, and it's stunning. It's not a plasma, but I did see a programme the otherday on the B & O 7 series, it uses samsung components and then the B & O techs go to work on it. It looks absolutley amazing, and they test it exhaustivley. It's a very nice set, but well out of my budget :(

3. Andrew_P_S

Andrew_P_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

How arrogant! There are many people on the forum, who's spend could furnish their whole house with B&O, several times over.

I think the reasons they are less discussed are:

a) because they are less common
    b) they are 'nice pieces of furnituire' but technically lag a series or two behind the current crop (they are after all rebadged & re housed mainstream screens)
    c) they are overpriced

Similar reasons I guess why they also rarely appear in the Magazines......

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    OK I am one of the few people on the forum that know B&O (This question should be in the LCD forum!!!)
    Technically B&O produce better pictures are better built more integrated and better designed....The dealer service is also second to none, the price includes delivery and installation, as well as better warranty than almost everyone else.......... They are a niche product not designed to compete with Panasonic Pioneer Sharp etc or even Arcam/Cyrus/Naim closest competitors are BOSE, Linn, Loewe.............Also every B&O dealer is B&O trained as are all staff, they carry every product on demo (Working!!) and ofer 0% Finance...as a buying and owning experience there is no better, performance can in Plasma terms be bettered (takes some work though) in LCD terms from what i have seen would be very hard!!!!

The reason they dont appear in magazines is that the review would always be "Fantastic Design, Good performance, Whopping price tag" so they dont submit kit for mag reviews very often!!!! but if you want a TV that mute with your phone or one remote for TV,Sky,CD,Radio,DVD,HDD recorder and lights all for £160 no programming required and replicated in 16 rooms, it has to be B&O

END RANT

5. Stewarty

Stewarty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andrew, Apologies. I did'nt intend to sugest that forum members are less worthy of B&O because of price. I'm sure that many members own top end systems that are comparable to the cost of B&O. What I actually ment was that many people feel B&O are over-priced, as you appear to agree in Point C. and this will always be to the detriment of a review.

However, I would take issue with point B. "Nice peices of furmiture" B&O are more than a style statement. To B&O owners they are a complete AV product which offer cutting edge, inspirtional design, integration by linking your AV system throughout your house and superb build quality. Have you seen the BEO4 remote? Yes, B&O may behind Pioneer etc with regard to HD. However, as we are all stiil a bit in the dark re HD, I think it's wise for B&O (as a small company) to adopt a wait and see approach.

Your point about rebadged mainstream products has been made many times. While Samsung supply the Beovision 7 screen, they make it to B&O specification. Which are considerably higher than Samsungs standards. Take the Avant for example which used a tube manufactured by Phillips. Does the Phillips have the same PQ as the Avant? Me thinks not!!!

There are top end audiofile systems out their that are better than B&O. But as a complete package I think Bang & Olufsen are peerless.

Hello hornydragon, apologies I entered this thread in the plasma section by mistake and did know how to transfer it. :oops: