• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any BDI Icon 9429 or 9428 stand owners?

AndyCob

Looking at getting a BDI Icon 9428 or 9429 stan but want to confirm a few things.

Irrittingly even BDI don't say what the achievable shelf spacings of the adjustable center shelf are, just that it has 3 positions. Anyone know what they are?
I have something 24cm tall to get on the bottom shelf.

Also I have a component a bit to deep for the shelf and rather than have it hang out the front would just leave out the back board. It looks purely cosmetic, just for cable tidy purposes but can I leave it out?

If I do leave it out what is the distance between the two vertical supports at the back?
I want to make sure they won't block any of the connectors

Member 398526

Hi Andy,

I have replied to your private message with most of this info and your quote, but thought I should comment on this post if any other forum members wanted any info on these stands.

Basically there isn't much difference between the 9428 and the 9429, but the 9429 is in stock and ready to ship whereas we would have to order the 9428 from America so would take 8-10 weeks.

The measurements are therefore taken from the 9429. The maximum height setting for the adjustable shelf gives you a 250mm, that would allow you a 140mm usable shelf height on the top shelf.

Depth would not normally be an issue on these stands as the opening for the shelves has a usable depth of 480mm.

With this model the back panel does need to be mounted in place as it provides some of the support for the adjustable shelf.

Thanks

AndyCob

Thanks Paul very helpful.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom